Youth and Family Counsellor -CASUAL
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, MSW|
|Title:||Youth and Family Counsellor -CASUAL|
|Address:||Trailcross Treatment Centre|
We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Our over 550 staff and volunteers help provide 35 programs and services for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy and the reality is that most problems surface after hours. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. Work hours at Wood’s Homes are typically round-the-clock and the type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking 2 CASUAL Youth & Family Counsellors for our Trailcross Treatment Centre Program. This program is a residential facility in Fort Smith, NWT, providing treatment services for youth ages 12–17, and support for communities and families living in the North.
The Youth & Family Counsellor acts as a coordinator in the planning and delivery of therapeutic activities for high risk youth. The Youth and Family Counsellor is the primary worker with young people, available for shifts that provide coverage twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. Relocation assistance is offered.
This position reports to the Team Leader of Trailcross Treatment Centre.
|Qualifications:||QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
• Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in the Social Sciences, Child and Youth Care, Nursing
• Minimum two (2) years of related experience in working with young people in a residential setting.
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
• Personal suitability is an important consideration.
|Description:||RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Implementing and maintaining a structured setting fostering the development of personal and social functioning for each resident.
• Participating in supervisory and team meetings, retreats, planning sessions, and in-service training.
• Conducting therapeutic responsibilities for young adults and their families including attendance and intervention at case conferences, consultations, school meetings, doctor’s appointments, family meetings and related case management.
• Must be an effective, mature and appropriate role model for each resident.
|Please forward your resume to:||Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, TCTC YFC CASUAL’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.