On-Call Sexual Assault Crisis Worker
|Category:||BSW, MSW, RSW|
|Employer:||Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse (CCASA)|
|Title:||On-Call Sexual Assault Crisis Worker|
|Address:||Suite 700, 910 7th Ave SW|
Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse (CCASA) is the primary sexual violence service provider for Calgary and surrounding areas. CCASA is looking to hire individuals to be part of the Sexual Assault Response Team (SART). This is an on-call casual position that provides 24-hour support to individuals who have recently experienced a sexual assault. We are looking for dynamic and flexible individuals who are able to work independently within a multi-disciplinary team.
|Qualifications:||The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
• Minimum of a diploma in social/human services, with two to three years of related work experience
• Experience with crisis intervention.
• Strong assessment skills.
• Knowledge of community resources.
• Ability to build professional relationships within a multi-disciplinary team.
• Possess an anti-oppressive/feminist analysis of sexual violence.
Please visit our website at www.calgarycasa.com for more information about our programs and services.
|Description:||Responsibilities of the Sexual Assault Crisis Worker include:
• Responding to and supporting disclosures of sexual abuse/assault in a professional and supportive manner.
• Completing thorough assessments regarding suicide risk, domestic violence, children at risk and shelter safety.
• Providing crisis support, information, advocacy and referrals.
• Working collaboratively with professionals from other disciplines.
|Please forward your resume to:||CCASA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Send cover letters and resumes by 5:00 pm, April 28, 2017 to:
Call Out Team Lead
7th Floor – 910 7th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3N8
No Phone Calls Please
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.