Mental Health Clinician
|Employer:||Leduc Beaumont Devon Primary Care Network|
|Title:||Mental Health Clinician|
|Address:||#301 - 4710 50 Street|
|Salary:||To be determined|
Mental Health Clinician
Permanent Part-Time Position (0.6 FTE) – Leduc
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
The Leduc Beaumont
Network is a joint venture between participating
local family physicians and
Our mandate is to sustain and enhance the quality, coordination, and integration of health care services in Leduc and area and to improve the quality of life for the community of patients and physicians.
The Adult Mental Health Program was developed by the Leduc Beaumont Devon PCN to assist PCN member physicians with managing their patient’s mental health. Service is provided to patients experiencing mild to moderate emotional or mental health concerns. The Mental Health Clinician provides clinical consultation with recommendations and referrals to appropriate mental health and psychological services within the community. Furthermore, short term solution-focused counseling can be provided where patients are unable to access community resources and meet the criteria for short term solution-focused counseling.
|Qualifications:||• Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree will be considered with sufficient (5-10 years) experience. Registered Psychologist, Registered Psychiatric Nurse, Clinical Social Worker & Registered Social Worker with license to perform psychosocial interventions.
• Active registration in good standing with appropriate professional college.
• A minimum of 3 - 5 years recent experience working with community-based mental health services.
• Ability to provide supportive listening, assess patient needs and develop appropriate treatment/action plans for patients within a brief amount of time (1-4 sessions).
• Ability to make professionally autonomous decisions in coordinating patient care in a decentralized model.
• Knowledge of community resources and ability to coordinate appropriate referrals.
• Training in CBT, solution-focused therapy, brief therapy and/or health psychology would be an asset.
• Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Ability to work proactively, effectively, and independently in a complex changing environment.
• Strong effective written and oral communication skills.
• Current criminal record check.
• Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
• Co-ordinate the delivery of mental health care services within the PCN, playing an integral role in development and implementation of services.
• Working cooperatively with other MH Clinicians to ensure patient care coverage.
• Assist in meeting the psycho-social needs of patients through collaboration and consultation with medical personnel, other members of the multidisciplinary team and community resources.
• Act as a liaison between PCN physicians and linking patients to other agencies (e.g. FCSS, AHS Addictions and Mental Health, Victim Services, etc.)
• Provide appropriate and timely communication/reports to referring physicians and to other care givers about interventions, referrals and other activity with patients.
• Make clinical decisions and recommendations within your scope of practice and professional licensure, in coordinating the care of patients referred by physicians in the PCN:
o Administering metrics and screens to assess patient’s current functioning;
o Assessing patient needs for treatment (ie short term therapy, referral to community agencies/programs, etc);
o Providing brief therapeutic interventions for adult patients with depression, anxiety and/or psychosocial concerns (ie grief, relationship issues, financial stress etc);
o Deliver and Develop Group psycho-education classes and/or group therapy.
• Interagency liaison.
This position will require flexibility in hours with some occasional early evening work for classes or group sessions.
|Please forward your resume to:||Please forward a letter of interest and resume by May 1, 2017 to:
Terri Ward, Mental Health Clinician, Team Lead
Leduc Beaumont Devon Primary Care Network
#301, 4710-50 Street Leduc, AB T9E 6W2
Phone: 780-986-6624 fax: 780-986-6634
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted