|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, Other|
|Employer:||Boys and Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters|
|Address:||9425-109 A avenue|
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area is an organization that believes in the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. In 2017, we expect to support over 5,000 kids and their families through a variety of programs.
|Qualifications:||The successful candidate will have:
• A degree or diploma in the areas of child and youth, volunteer management, education and/or social work.
• A minimum of 3 years combined experience in a role involved with child and youth programming, case management, volunteer management and partnership development.
• The ability to work effectively with children and youth and have a solid understanding of child and youth issues.
• Experience working with volunteers and an understanding of volunteer processes.
• Demonstrated good communication skills (both written and oral)
• Ability to exercise good judgement and sound decision making.
• Ability to work 2-3 evenings per week.
• A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
|Description:||The key responsibilities of this position will include:
• Providing support and monitoring to mentoring matches to ensure that children are in safe, constructive, satisfying relationships that are having a positive impact.
• Fulfilling the one to one program standards and expectations from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada and the agency to support matches.
• Working to create and foster constructive, strength based and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers.
• Working as a team to communicate the needs of children and families who are accessing programs.
• Maintaining up-to-date electronic casework notes, statistics and other required reporting in compliance with relevant standards, policies and processes.
• Building relationships with other service providers and resources to further assist the children, families and volunteers they support.
|Please forward your resume to:||Please forward your resume quoting the competition number listed by Monday May 1st, 2017 to:
Attention: Human Resources
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org