Social Worker, Mental Health & Addiction
|Employer:||Provincial Health Services Authority|
|Title:||Social Worker, Mental Health & Addiction|
|Address:||3405 Willingdon Ave|
|Salary:||$32.39 to $40.40 per hour|
|Summary:||The Social Worker is responsible for providing advanced clinical and consultative social work services to clients and families focusing on how the client’s relationships are affected by their environment. Duties include conducting social and psychosocial assessments, providing individual, family and group counselling services, maintaining client records, attending interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences, identifying applicable community resources for clients and facilitating care throughout the continuum.|
|Qualifications:||Master of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work and one (1) year post Bachelor of Social Work experience in a health care setting.
Current full registration (or eligibility for registration) with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
|Description:||Example of Duties/Accountabilities:
* Conducts comprehensive psycho-social assessments by methods such as interviewing the client and/or family, obtaining relevant information, gathering social data regarding the client’s family, environment, living situation, and financial status, and interpreting the data to therapeutically impact the client's and family's coping abilities and intervenes in cases of complex social-emotional or family issues.
* Collaborates with designated care management personnel to facilitate the management of cases with complex discharge needs. Receives referrals from care management personnel and other members of the interdisciplinary team to assist patients/families with complex emotional or social presentations, as well as facilitate care through the continuum.
* Provides individual, family and group counselling services by methods such as exploring emotional responses to illness/injury in order to identify problems, personal concerns and treatment objectives and to facilitate change in coping style, behaviour, attitude, feelings and adaptive responses to an adverse life event. Refers to community services for follow-up as necessary.
* Attends clinical/case conferences as a member of an interdisciplinary team for client reviews, admissions, and discharges by methods such as providing input from a social work perspective on a variety of care issues related to the client, and to ensure proper and effective treatment of the client.
* Provides consultative and direct services to clients, families, staff and community health professionals regarding issues such as adult guardianship, advanced directives, domestic violence, abuse or neglect, immigration, housing, financial concerns, or matters concerning government agencies (public trustee) and authorities (courts, police).
* Prepares and maintains client records by methods such as documenting client assessments, interventions, evaluations, modifications and client goals, charting client information, preparing progress notes and reports in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures, to meet regulatory requirements, and provide evidence and rationale that support findings and intervention plan.
* Develops research proposals and conducts approved social work interdisciplinary research and special projects, in collaboration with relevant personnel, through methods such as identifying current trends/gaps in the literature, writing research proposals/grant applications, developing and monitoring budgets, following through with research methodology and disseminating research findings. Ensures clinical practices and protocols are consistent with current research findings.
|Please forward your resume to:||We invite you to apply by visiting the link below, then clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
** Relocation of up to $5,000 may be available **