Early Intervention Family Support Worker - High Prairie, AB
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, Other|
|Title:||Early Intervention Family Support Worker - High Prairie, AB|
|City:||High Prairie, AB|
|Salary:||$ 23.30 - $28.85/hr|
Early Intervention Family Support Worker - High Prairie, AB
Full time position
Schedule: 40 hrs/wk with a flexible schedule (days, evenings & weekends)
Wage: $ 23.30 - $28.85/hr
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of local families?
We are currently recruiting an Early Intervention Family Support Worker who works directly with families, youth and children in High Prairie and the surrounding community. Working as the primary caseworker, they will counsel and provide therapeutic interventions under the Collaborative Service Delivery model, by coordinating family care teams to provide support and ensure best outcomes for families. Our program structure is one that our staff will become the compass point for the family and others involved in the case. The schedule is flexible. Evening and weekend work is required to accommodate families’ schedules. This position reports to the Program Manager/Supervisor.
What’s in it for you!
What WJS Canada does: WJS Canada’s mission is “Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services”. The support we provide for families emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family’s strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family’s belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services & career opportunities, visit www.wjscanda.com
|Qualifications:||Where we work: While WJS serves individuals in many communities across Canada this opportunity is in High Prairie, Alberta. Located approximately 200 km north-east of Grande Prairie, Alberta or 100 km southeast of Peace River, is the Town of High with a population of 2,827 people. It is the "Gateway to the Mighty Peace Country" and located in the Municipal District of Big Lakes. High Prairie is within 20 minutes of first class sandy beaches. Also within close proximity to High Prairie are two Provincial Parks, Hilliard's Bay and Winagami Lake. Hilliard's Bay boasts world class open water fishing and a 190 site campground. Winagami Lake is a bird watcher's paradise with over 200 observed bird species. For more information on High Prairie & area visit http://townofhighprairie.com/newweb/
As an individual passionate about changing lives for the better through hard work, personal caring and good ideas, you’ll find hundreds of kindred spirits at WJS offices across Western Canada and Ontario. Every day, more than 600 WJS Canada staff serve over 1,000 people in three provinces. For over 30 years, we’ve been committed to building strong communities by providing a complete range of innovative and effective professional services to children, youth, adults and families facing difficulties. Visit www.wjscanada.com for more information on WJS and details on the benefits employees enjoy.
**All applicants must provide a current (within 3 months) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check prior to confirmation of employment with WJS Canada. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, prepare accordingly.
• The Family Support Worker is required to fill 40 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
• Must be prepared to travel to family homes within the service area.
• Evening and weekend work is required at times, as this is the time when families with children are together and are often the most stressful time for families.
Your role within WJS:
The Early Intervention Family Support Worker is responsible for facilitating planned interventions and services aimed at strengthening and preserving families by providing home-based, family-centered services to promote the protection and well-being of children in their homes, as well as support and educate parents toward improvements in their parenting abilities. The Family Support Worker reports to the Program Manager.
The Family Support Worker will:
• Highly motivated, and able to work independently, you work with youth who need intervention and are at risk of suicide or harming themselves, or youth living a lifestyle that is considered high risk ( i.e. prostitution, drugs, etc)
• Compassionately use your knowledge of child development, positive discipline strategies and family dynamics to provide education (ex. parenting skills) and support services to families in their own homes.
• Help families connect with community resources & support networks to enhance family functioning.
• Follow prescribed case management plans, including maintaining accurate client file & program documentation and record of client activities and consulting on case files.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with local Child & Family Services, support networks, outside agencies and community resources
• Call upon your knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act and Alberta Family and Social Services policies and procedures as they relate to the Family Support Services Program.
• Represent WJS family support services in a professional manner with Alberta Family and Social Services and the community.
• Assist in evaluating service deliverables and contribute information/recommendations for improvements.
As an ideal candidate you possess:
• A Diploma or Degree in Human Services.
• Experience in family intervention or a related human service field or equivalent
• Clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Intervention check
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
• Valid First Aid / CPR Certificate
• Suicide Intervention and Prevention Training and cultural sensitivity
• Knowledge of aboriginal culture is an asset
• Experience working with computer software systems
• Adaptability and flexibility
|Please forward your resume to:||Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found
Please apply with a resume and cover letter outlining your education and experience as it applies to this position.
include Competition # HP-327-EIFSW with your submission.
Attention: Joelle Glanville Fax: (855) 465-5502 Online: www.wjscanada.com