|Category:||BSW, MSW, RSW|
|Employer:||Miyo Wahkohtowin Education|
|Address:||P.O. Box 248|
|Salary:||Offers a Competitive Salary|
Miyo Wahkohtowin Education (MWE) is an Indigenous School Division that prides itself in meeting educational goals through the power of relationships. Miyo Wahkohtowin is Cree for good relations. It is a school division that values the wellbeing of the staff, the students, and the community. It is also one of the leading school divisions in technology, academics, and cultural language and programming in Alberta. MWE is accepting applications for a School Counselor. This position is a very dynamic, fast-paced role within the school environment, working in prevention, intervention, and crisis response.
|Qualifications:||The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum Bachelor of Education degree or a Degree in Social Work or related area, pursuing a Masters in the field of counseling.
- Experience working within a school environment in a counselling capacity.
- Knowledge of the Cree Language and Culture will be an asset.
- Experience in working with trauma will be an asset.
|Description:||The successful candidate will:
- In consultation with the principal, and other school staff, assess the needs of the school and develop a counseling plan to address those needs.
- Provide individual counseling support to students in the areas of emotional, social, and spiritual well being.
- Develop, coordinate and provide targeted group counseling to address areas of need
- Integrate the Cree Culture into student counseling
- Coordinate referrals to community agencies and/or appropriate professionals.
- Maintain positive relationships with students, teachers, administration, parents, the community and other agencies.
- Collaborate with the principal and the school staff to establish and maintain a positive work environment.
|Please forward your resume to:||email@example.com|