|Category:||SW Dip, Student, Other|
|Employer:||Poundmaker's Lodge Treatment Centres|
|Address:||25108 Poundmaker Road|
Poundmaker’s Lodge requires an individual who will assume the responsibility for Medication Administrator. The overall objective is to assist with non-counseling support to people 18+ years of age who have an addiction. The responsibilities include medication dispensing to clients during scheduled medication times and assist with treatment services within a residential treatment center environment. This includes integration of cultural and spiritual practices of First Nations, Metis and Inuit cultures as well the 12 step abstinence based recovery in this practice. This position will also fulfill Program Attendant duties as needed.
|Qualifications:||Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide medication dispensing to clients during scheduled medication times, document all incoming medications and updated client medical information. Conduct daily medication reviews and dispense and record medication in accordance with the prescription directive. Accurately and efficiently document all client medication charts and ensure standards are maintained as per the Canadian Accreditation Council. Ensure effective file management and consultation in a professional and therapeutic environment. Furthermore, the successful candidate will liaise with dispensaries on a regular basis and has the ability to work within a team environment.
1) Social Work Diploma and/or Licensed Practical Nurse, experience working in a Residential Treatment facility
2) Medication Administration training as per accreditation standards
3) Work within a First Nations, Metis and Inuit environment
|Description:||Knowledge and Skills Required:
1) Maintaining confidentiality is essential
2) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer literacy skills an asset.
1) Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation for work and related duties.
2) Criminal Record Check Mandatory.
3) Demonstration of a healthy lifestyle will be an asset.
4) Random drug testing may be administered.
|Please forward your resume to:||For consideration, interested parties should submit a resume along with a cover letter to:
Linden Jessome, Executive Assistant
Poundmaker’s Lodge Treatment Centres