Mentoring Facilitator- School Based
|Employer:||Boys and Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton and Area|
|Title:||Mentoring Facilitator- School Based|
|Salary:||$40,971 - $46,355 annually|
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area is an organization that believes in the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. In 2017, we expect to support nearly 5,000 kids and their families through a variety of programs.
Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area really is “a great place to be”. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a supportive work environment, excellent benefits package and rewarding career opportunities.
|Qualifications:||The successful candidate will have:
• University degree or college diploma in a related human service field. Individuals with an Education focus or background will be considered an asset.
• 2-3 years combined experience in a role involved with child and youth programming, classroom management, volunteer management and partnership development.
• Experience in program development, implementation and assessment.
• Experience in an educational setting.
• Demonstrated good communication skills (both written and oral).
• Good presentation skills. Public Speaking an asset.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and sound decision making.
• Ability to work varying hours during the week including flexibility to provide early evening afterschool programming.
• A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
|Description:||The key responsibilities of this position will include:
• Overseeing and providing direction to a variety of school based mentoring programs including; in-school mentoring, high school teen mentoring, corporate mentoring etc.
• Engaging and supporting volunteer mentors who are participating in school based programs within the position’s portfolio.
• Ensuring that standards are met in terms of supervising school based matches, volunteer management and reporting.
• Overseeing the scheduling of programs, the coordination of mentoring groups and problem solving scheduling conflicts.
• Collaborating with school partners and teachers to organize weekly activities for any structured based programs including specifics such as planning and delivery programs, potential transportation from one school or location to another and special events.
• Contributing to program evaluation and continuous improvement activities, including submitting program information regarding milestones and outcomes.
• Preparing and delivering the orientation and training sessions to children, youth and volunteers.
• Providing planning and delivery of specific programs during school breaks including spring and summer breaks.
• Working with and consulting with community partners, the school and stakeholders.
• Working as part of the larger school based team as well as all other agency teams to provide a variety of resource options to children and youth.
• This portfolio includes supporting a hockey based mentoring program therefore skills, knowledge and interest in hockey is an asset.
|Please forward your resume to:||Please forward your resume quoting the competition number MFSB0717 by July 24, 2017 to:
Attention: Human Resources
E-mail to email@example.com