Location Georgetown, Guyana
Start Date Sep - Nov 2017 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements English
English Reading: Level 5, Writing: Level 5, Speaking: Level 5
Language Scale: http://www.cusointernational.org/languageratingscale
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
Gender equality is a cross cutting theme for Cuso International, and gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) is one of the key objectives of the Volunteers for International Cooperation and Empowerment (VOICE) project, currently being implemented by Cuso International in several countries.
The Gender Specialist will be based in the Cuso Guyana Country Program Office, and will work closely with Cuso staff, volunteers, partners and other key stakeholders, to develop and implement GESI programming. The volunteer’s role will focus on identifying how the outcomes of the Gender Action Plan for Guyana can most effectively be achieved, development of new areas of programming, and strengthening the capacity of staff, volunteers, partners, and key stakeholders to become gender sensitive and mainstream gender into programs. Additionally, the volunteer will network with international partners, such as UN Women, to advance mutual interests.
|Qualifications:||As a volunteer, you will:
-Conduct a gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) needs assessment with staff, volunteers and partners
-Develop training resources and offer GESI training to staff, volunteers, partners and key stakeholders.
-Develop GESI tools, other resources, and support Cuso staff, volunteers and partners to integrate into programming.
-Review the Gender Action Plan, develop strategies to address key areas, and support the Guyana Country Program Office to implement recommendations.
-Network with other international agencies, including UN Women, to advance GESI, and other mutual interest.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
Advanced university degree in social/political sciences, international development, human rights, gender studies, social work, law, public policy, or related field.
Essential Professional Background:
-Specialized training in gender equality and social inclusion.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
|Please forward your resume to:||https://curaweb.mindscope.com/CUSOIN04387_CURA/aspx/JobDetails.aspx?lang=en&Job_ID=389|