Social Worker/Caregiver Support Manager
|Title:||Social Worker/Caregiver Support Manager|
|Address:||C201-17203-99 Avenue NW|
|City:||Edmonton, AB T5T 6S5|
|Salary:||$28.50 per hour|
ElderCare is recruiting a qualified and experienced individual for a Maternity leave position, beginning August 2017 and extending till November 2018. Are you interested in providing one-to-one supports, group facilitations, respond to individuals and families seeking support by providing assistance to access resources, and connect people. ElderCare Edmonton Society provides a friendly work environment along with a competitive benefits package.
|Qualifications:||• Completion of a degree or diploma in Social Work
• Registered Social Worker with Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW).
• Good working knowledge of seniors-related issues and facilities in the city
• Experience providing information/referral, advocacy and short-term counselling
• Able to initiate own work with minimal direction
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to utilize a client-centred approach and demonstrate empathy, compassion and respect
• Competency in MS Office, internet and email applications
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
|Description:||ElderCare is a non-profit organization with over thirty-five years of experience in providing respite, resources and support to family caregivers in our community. Our Caregiver Support Program offers caregivers a supportive place to address the challenges of caring for a family member with emotional, cognitive and/or physical limitations within the community. Caregivers have access to a Registered Social Worker who can provide referrals, information and advocacy.|
|Please forward your resume to:||We thank all applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit resume and cover letter to, email@example.com, fax to (780) 433-3758, or mail to Suite C201, 17203–99 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T5T 6S5.