|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, MSW, RSW|
|Employer:||Compass Centre for Sexual Wellness|
|Address:||#703, 10050 112 Street|
|Salary:||Offers a Competitive Salary|
Compass Centre for Sexual Wellness is a non-profit charitable organization that provides sexual health education and counselling services in Edmonton and surrounding communities. We empower individuals to make informed decisions regarding their sexual and reproductive well-being through education, information and supportive programs and services. This is accomplished by respecting the individual’s values, beliefs, cultural context and experiences.
We are seeking a Counsellor to provide information, support and referral to individuals and couples regarding sexual health issues (pregnancy options, past abortion support, sexual decision making, etc.) This position will also develop and deliver workshops/training to specific groups in the community.
|Qualifications:||Desired Qualifications include:
• Relevant degree in Social Work, Counselling or other Human Service field with past experience in the sexual health area
• Registration or eligibility for registration with an appropriate professional body
• Extensive knowledge of sexual and reproductive health issues
• Strong counselling skills and knowledge of feminist counselling principles
• Demonstrated teaching, communication and teamwork skills
• Pro-choice and sex positive philosophy
• Demonstrated ability to relate to and engage individuals from diverse populations
This is a permanent full-time (35 hours per week) position which occasionally requires availability during evenings and weekends. The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s licence and a clean driver’s abstract. Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check required upon offer of employment.
|Description:||Reporting to the Program Director, key responsibilities will include the following:
• Provide short-term support and counselling to individuals and couples, both in an office setting and in community locations
• Respond to client inquires on the phone and through our website chat function
• Connect clients to appropriate community resources
• Develop and deliver sexual health and wellness workshops for specific populations such as youth, seniors and post-secondary students
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with community partners in the sexual health sector
• Explore ways to expand or offer new services in the community
• Engage in innovative program design and outcome evaluation
• Generate content for website/social media as assigned
• Work in collaboration with agency staff and volunteers
• Other duties as required
|Please forward your resume to:||Please email your resume with a cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: September 1, 2017
Thank you for your interest in Compass Centre for Sexual Wellness. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.