Wellness Manager - AHS Transitional Housing Project
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, MSW, RSW, Other|
|Title:||Wellness Manager - AHS Transitional Housing Project|
|Address:||9321 Jasper Avenue|
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual who is interested in social justice, social change, innovation, and collaborative work. e4c’s supportive housing programs provide housing for people in the middle of life transitions, looking for stability, recovery, and a better life. In your role you serve people who, due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions, need enhanced levels of housing support.
The Wellness Manager position reports to the Site Manager, and provides key support to the wellness coaches and coordinator. The Wellness Manager works collaboratively with the Site Manager to ensure the program is running in a way that meets both residents’ specific needs and agency/funder requirements.
e4c’s supportive housing programs operates on the cycle of the day, drawing inspiration from the recovery motto of “one day at a time”. The model provides wrap around team staffing that includes clinical supports with a community-based approach, of recovery and sustained wellness of the resident. The Wellness Manager oversees the evening and weekend wellness shifts and is responsible for building and implementing the wellness strategy for the program. The focus of the shift is about personal wellness and modelling what it looks like to practice self care, wellness and/or recovery.
Hours: Full-time: Monday to Friday: 2:00pm to 10:00pm with potential weekend work required.
Why Join Our Team
|Qualifications:||Education and Certifications
• Degree or diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration and lived personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty
• Police Information Check including vulnerable sector.
• Child Intervention Check.
• Required: First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• Proof of Vehicle Insurance, Registration and 3 year Drivers Abstract.
• Recommended: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training and Cultural Awareness
• Three (3) years of related direct service work experience.
• Proven ability to foster a team environment and provide reflective supervision to team members.
• Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset
• Experience working in collaborative partnerships
• Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
• Relationship Building: Able to build formal and informal professional relationships. Fosters respect and reciprocity with participants/tenants, team members, other e4c personnel, external service providers and community members. Uses an intentional, reflective practice model in work with others.
• Accountability: Able to define expectations for self and others and to act to fulfill these expectations. Able to self-reflect, monitor and correct one’s own actions, as well as others’ actions); the ability to demonstrate skills, knowledge and an attitude that enable them to effectively carry out the job and to maintain personal health over time.
• Communication - The ability to understand and be understood by individuals and groups using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Innovative - ability to challenge, take risks and generate new ideas to improve operations or create new opportunities.
• Integrity and Ethical Behavior - a clear understanding of ethical and business practices.
|Description:||In Your Role You Will
Management and Leadership
• Coordinate daily delivery of safe housing and wellness support programming through training, consultation and supervision of house support staff.
• Instill and maintain the program and organizational culture within all policy and practice.
• Coordinate wellness program information through the: management of client and program personnel information; preparation of summary reports of activities and statistics; and communication and consultation with stakeholders and relevant parties.
• Supports the Wellness Coaches and Weekend Wellness Coordinator to work with residents to meet individual goals
• Works with Life Skills team, clinical staff, and Site Manager to ensure that wellness planning aligns with care plans
• Works jointly with e4c Human Resources Department and Site Manager to recruit personnel.
• Makes decisions about intakes, and how to proceed in difficult or complex circumstances during evening shift hours.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
• When natural opportunity arises, promote conflict resolution, positive communication, empathy and respect (through positive reinforcement, role modeling and supportive listening).
• Working within a framework of natural law/natural consequences and relationship-based practice to implement relevant accountability processes.
• Approaches the work with vulnerability and intentionality to engage residents.
• Actively uses “self” and own personal wellness as a tool to build reciprocal, authentic relationships with residents.
• Facilitates regular meetings with house residents to plan wellness goals and activities.
• Works with neighbors and the community to build and model positive neighbor relations.
• Works with other programs within e4c to build community for staff and residents through the facilitation of integrated activities, events, and ongoing relationship building
• Adhere to Human Resource and Program Policies and Procedures in delivering services
• Responsible for the oversite, development, and administration of the wellness/recreation budget
• Responsible for accessing wellness budget to purchase wellness supplies/ pay for preplanned wellness activities
• Administer medication for all residents.
• Ensure that all information regarding service delivery is developed, managed and reported in a timely manner
• Ensure that all information regarding wellness service delivery is developed, managed and reported in a timely manner
• Other duties may be assigned as needed
|Please forward your resume to:||Please forward Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com|