Manager Professional Practice Support
|Employer:||Alberta College of Social Workers|
|Title:||Manager Professional Practice Support|
|Address:||550, 10707 100th Avenue NW|
|Salary:||$92,043.00 Annual Starting Base Salary, plus 7% pension supplement following successful completion of probationary period. Comprehensive benefits package.|
The Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW) serves as the regulatory body and professional association for the social work profession in Alberta. We support membership activities that promote skilled and ethical social work practice and participate in advocacy initiatives that align with the ACSW mandate and services.
The Manager Professional Practice Support manages professional association and membership activities of the College. Experience in working with diverse perspectives and groups along with strong teamwork and leadership skills are applied in developing supports that foster excellence in practice, member engagement, communications, promotions, and program administration. Well-developed internal and external leadership ability is a must for leading projects to achieve results related to professional development opportunities for social workers in Alberta, supervision of a staff team as well as managing diverse aspects of advocacy and communications. A strong desire to positively influence excellence in the profession and engage with multiple stakeholders within a broad provincial scope will contribute to success in this role.
Ability to work flex hours with some evenings and occasional weekends and to travel within Alberta are a requirement.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge and Skills required for success:
• Registered Social Worker (RSW) Minimum MSW Degree
• Strong organizational ability
• Significant leadership and supervisory experience (Minimum 5-7 years)
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication with proven professional writing, editing and presentation skills
• Project management experience
• Collaborative practice, community development and team processes
• Facilitation skills
• Consulting skills
• Strong grounding in theoretical approaches and understanding of diverse specializations represented within the social work profession
• Knowledge of Health Professions Act and Regulation, Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics for social workers are an asset
|Description:||For additional information please view the job description and job advertisement provided in the links above.|
|Please forward your resume to:||Closing Date for Applications: Will remain open until suitable candidate is found
• Email Applications are preferred. Please send cover letter and resume ATTENTION L. King, Executive Director & Registrar ( via E-mail): firstname.lastname@example.org
• We thank all applicants for their interest. (Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.)