Youth and Family Counsellor (Term Position)
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, RSW, Other|
|Title:||Youth and Family Counsellor (Term Position)|
|Address:||Fort McMurray, AB|
|City:||Fort McMurray, AB|
|Salary:||To be determined|
We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Our over 550 staff and volunteers help provide 35 programs and services for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy and the reality is that most problems surface after hours. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. Work hours at Wood’s Homes are typically round-the-clock and the type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a Youth & Family Counsellor I or II (Term position until March 2018) for our Stepping Stones Youth Services Program, Fort McMurray. This program is a temporary shelter for homeless young people.
The Youth/Family Counsellor is the primary worker with young people, normally on rotating shifts that provide coverage twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. The shift rotation is 3 on 2 off, and the ideal candidate will be a team player who is prepared to be available on short notice.
This position reports to the Supervisor of the Stepping Stones Youth program.
|Qualifications:||QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
• Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in the Social Sciences, Child and Youth Care, Nursing
• Minimum two (2) years of related experience in working with young people in a residential setting.
• Must have current driver’s license.
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
• Personal suitability is an important consideration.
|Description:||RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Implementing and maintaining a structured setting fostering the development of personal and social functioning for each resident.
• Participating in supervisory and team meetings, retreats, planning sessions, and in-service training.
• Conducting therapeutic responsibilities for young adults and their families including attendance and intervention at case conferences, consultations, school meetings, doctor’s appointments, family meetings and related case management.
• Must be an effective, mature and appropriate role model for each resident.
|Please forward your resume to:||Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: email@example.com. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, Stepping Stones YFC Term’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.