Casual School Support Counsellors
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, RSW, Other|
|Title:||Casual School Support Counsellors|
|Address:||805 - 37th Street NW (Parkdale Campus, Calgary)|
|Salary:||To be determined|
We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Our over 550 staff and volunteers help provide 35 programs and services for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy and the reality is that most problems surface after hours. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. Work hours at Wood’s Homes are typically round-the-clock and the type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking 3 Casual School Support Counsellors I or II for our Specialized Learning Centres. Our Learning Centres (*in partnership with CBE) offer opportunities for achieving academic, social and emotional success to young people and families who have had previous unsuccessful school experiences and have lost or are at risk of losing their community school placement.
Starting Points: Counselling support for students in seven Calgary schools, in partnership with Calgary Separate School District.
George Wood*: Bowness campus school for youth in intensive/community-based residential care.
William Taylor*: Day-treatment school for community youth, and youth in residential care, at Parkdale Campus.
Children’s Village (CVS)*: A day-treatment community-based school in Renfrew for children 2-12 years who exhibit severe emotional and behavioural difficulties.
The School Support Counsellor is responsible for front-line care of young people admitted to Wood’s Homes school settings. The School Support Counsellor works collaboratively with various school personnel and liaises with the young person’s family and community.
This position reports to the Learning Centres Team Leaders.
• Diploma/Undergraduate Degree in the Social Sciences, Child Care or related area and a minimum two years related experience.
• Must have own transportation.
• Personal suitability is an important consideration.
|Description:||Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Implements activities, plans and routines that facilitate the maintenance of milieu that fosters the development of appropriate levels of personal, social and educational functions for each student.
• Assures that an (IPP) individualized program plan includes both treatment and educational goals and that case management strategies are established for each student.
• Communicates with guardians, clinicians, social workers, school representatives and other individuals involved in case management.
• Participates in case conferences, rounds, team meetings and supervision.
|Please forward your resume to:||Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011.
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: email@example.com. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name – SSC Casual’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.