Social Work Instructor
|Title:||Social Work Instructor|
|City:||Lac La Biche|
|Salary:||Commensurate with education|
Portage College is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Social Work team at the Lac La Biche campus.
Our Social Work program is a two-year diploma that combines social work theory and practice to better prepare our grads for work in the human services field. A key part of the Social Work program at Portage College is the experience and learning gained from a 420-hour supervised field practicum and 30 hours of integrated seminar time in each year of study. The Social Work program is offered at our campuses in Lac La Biche and Cold Lake. Key responsibilities include:
• Classroom and distance education instruction.
|Qualifications:||• Master’s degree in Social Work in addition to several years experience in field of social work.
• Experience working with rural, northern and Aboriginal communities will be considered a definite asset.
• Current registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW) or must be eligible for registration.
• Knowledge of Indigineous culture and previous experience working in Aboriginal communities would be considered a definite asset as the program has Aboriginal coursework.
• Adult teaching/tutoring experience would be considered beneficial.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management System would be an asset.
• Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office, is essential.
• Some travel and a flexible schedule is required for organizing and supervising practicum visits.
• Successful applicant will be required to provide a current police information check and driver’s abstract.
|Description:||ABOUT OUR COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for nearly 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in business, health and wellness, human services, university studies, food sciences, trades and technical, natural resources, native arts and culture and in academics for career and education.
As a member of the Faculty Association, our instructors have access to a number of benefits that include generous vacation days, participation in the College pension plan and access to a professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops.
|Please forward your resume to:||HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience, and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we don’t accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.