Casual Youth and Family Counsellors - Lethbridge Youth Connections
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, RSW, Other|
|Title:||Casual Youth and Family Counsellors - Lethbridge Youth Connections|
|Address:||805 - 37th Street NW (Parkdale Campus, Calgary)|
|Salary:||To be determined|
We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Our over 550 staff and volunteers help provide 35 programs and services for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy and the reality is that most problems surface after hours. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. Work hours at Wood’s Homes are typically round-the-clock and the type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking 3 casual Youth & Family Counsellors I or II for the Youth Connections: THE CORE – Lethbridge / Housing First Program.
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Youth and Family Counsellor acts as the primary worker for youth who would need one on one support with job planning, employment options and skill development assessments. The Youth and Family Counsellor is a contributing member of a team and is required to work various hours, including evenings, nights and weekends.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
|Qualifications:||QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
• Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in the Social Sciences, Child and Youth Care, Nursing
• Minimum two (2) years of related experience in working with at-risk youth
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
• Personal suitability is an important consideration.
|Description:||RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Housing First Work: including outreach and follow-up. This involves employment support, housing, referrals, family outreach, assessments, intensive case management, landlord and community engagement, etc.
• Daytime support in the Emergency Youth Shelter for shelter and non shelter youth.
• Must be an effective, mature and appropriate role model for each resident.
• Provide opportunity to engage in meaningful daily activities.
• Contributing to the provision of a safe and clean environment where basic needs are met.
• Client work which includes crisis counseling, and intake and discharge planning and procedures.
• Youth work which involves a strength based, youth positive approach to re-engagement, problem solving, skill building and mentorship.
• Participating in supervisory and team meetings, retreats, planning sessions, and in-service training.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Please forward your resume to:||Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, YFC casual, Lethbridge’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.|