|Employer:||The John Howard Society of Grande Prairie|
|Salary:||Commensurate with education|
|Summary:||The John Howard Society of Grande Prairie is a non profit organization concerned with the causes and consequences of crime. We have a long standing commitment to addressing domestic violence in our community and have been offering domestic violence treatment programming to both men and women for over 20 years.
|Qualifications:||Our ideal candidate(s) will possess a Masters of Social Work degree or be a Registered Psychologist. Understanding of and experience in practicing narrative therapy would be a definite asset.
We would welcome your application if you:
• Believe in the capacity of people to change.
• Are motivated by complexity and skilled enough to navigate your way through it.
• Want to do the best you can and happily support others in doing the same.
• Don’t have all the answers but know how to ask the right questions.
• Are intensely curious and believe there is more than one “right answer”.
• Are flexible and open to differing opinions, even those you may not share.
• Are comfortable challenging others and being challenged.
• Don’t accept that “good enough is good enough” and are always looking for ways to do better.
• Embrace change and have an interest in growth and improvement.
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to teamwork and the ability to work with and engage others, including peers and community.
• Take your job seriously but understand the importance of wellness and fun in the workplace.
|Description:||We are currently recruiting skilled therapists to provide clinical assessment, therapeutic prep, partner education and support, case management, group therapy and follow up supports. Working with both women and men, these positions require strong clinical skills and the ability to work well as part of a team in providing individual and group therapy to men and women for whom domestic violence is an issue.
We currently have openings ranging from contract (evening) work to part or full time. These opportunities will be available until suitable candidates are selected.
|Please forward your resume to:||Email resumes to: email@example.com
Please indicate "Therapist/Case Manager Application" in the subject line.