|Address:||Trailcross Treatment Centre|
We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Our over 550 staff and volunteers help provide 35 programs and services for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy and the reality is that most problems surface after hours. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. Work hours at Wood’s Homes are typically round-the-clock and the type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a Clinician to work in the Trailcross Treatment Center (TCTC) Program. This program provides intensive, individualized mental health treatment and therapy for youth (12-18 years) from the Northwest Territories and their families. This program is located in Fort Smith, NT.
|Qualifications:||QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
• Masters or Ph D Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Family Nursing, Child and Youth Care, or a related field.
• Is registered by and/or seeking registration/certification in the appropriate professional association.
• Must have own transportation.
• Personal suitability is important.
|Description:||RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Performs assessments of young people/families as assigned. Provides a written report of the assessment following Quality Improvement guidelines.
• Provides clinical consultation/training to staff, practicum students, community professionals and other trainees, as requested.
• Actively communicates with community resources regarding Wood’s Homes clientele and programs.
• Performs as a member of an inter-disciplinary team and an active participant of the clinical team.
• Participates in research and other specialized projects, as assigned.
|Please forward your resume to:||Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: email@example.com. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, TCTC Clinician’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.