Relief Youth Worker (4 positions)
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, MSW, RSW, Student, Other|
|Employer:||Youth Empowerment & Support Services|
|Title:||Relief Youth Worker (4 positions)|
|Address:||9310 82 Avenue|
|Salary:||To be determined|
Who we are: Youth Empowerment & Support Services (YESS) is a not-for-profit agency working with youth facing difficult realities. We provide overnight, residential and day programming to youth who access our services.
We currently have four (4) vacancies for Relief Youth Workers. The successful candidates would be able to provide coverage for our regular staff or work alongside, as required, during days, evenings, overnights and weekend. Both awake and sleep shifts are available. It is a requirement that Relief staff work at least one (1) shift per pay period.
|Qualifications:||• Degree or Diploma in Child & Youth Care or related Human Services
• A minimum one year experience working with youth facing difficult realities
• CYCAA Child and Youth Care certification will be considered an asset
• A criminal record check obtained less than six months ago
• Child Intervention Record check obtained less than six months ago
• Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
• Knowledgeable and respectful of values, beliefs and practices of Aboriginal and other cultural and diverse groups
• Ability to be tactful and diplomatic
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Basic computer proficiency
• Be a role model for the youth
|Description:||Some duties in a typical shift would include-
• Providing a safe, clean and secure environment for the youth
• Assisting with intakes
• Light housekeeping duties
• Helping youth chose and prepare nutritious meals
• Working with youth to develop household responsibilities
• Maintaining records and entering information into a database and performing clerical duties
Salary: Based on education and experience.
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline for applications: Open until all vacancies are filled
|Please forward your resume to:||Please forward cover letter and resume stating education and experience, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Check out our website! www.yess.org
YESS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and safe work environment for people of all backgrounds. YESS is also a pet-friendly workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.