Casual - Complex Needs Disability Service Workers
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, Student|
|Title:||Casual - Complex Needs Disability Service Workers|
|Salary:||$18.09 - $21.00 /Hour|
Disability Services Workers (DSW), provide individuals with physical, behavioural, emotional and social supports & supervision within the residence and community. Disability Service Workers develop relationships and act as a liaison with family members, guardians, the community, and employers.
In Your Role You Will
• Assist and support individuals with developing and achieving personal goals.
• Ensure individuals basic needs for food, water, clothing and shelter, but also sanitation, education, and healthcare.
• Assist with day to day operation and maintenance of the facility (which may include food preparation, cleaning, and/or assisting the person in service with the completion of these tasks, etc.)
• They also participate, plan & transport the individuals to vocational, recreational, & leisure activities or events in order to encourage social interaction & community involvement.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
|Description:||As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Prefer Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Service Work, Special Education etc., other combinations of education & experience may be considered
• One (2) years experience working with persons with developmental disabilities
• Experience with personal care/ hygiene, anger management, daily living, self help skills
• Crisis Prevention & Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and actively participate in their community.
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services & career opportunities, visit www.wjscanda.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
|Please forward your resume to:||No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
To apply for this job please click HERE