Casual Follow-up Support Worker - Intensive Case Management Team
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, MSW, RSW, Other|
|Title:||Casual Follow-up Support Worker - Intensive Case Management Team|
|Address:||9321 Jasper Avenue|
e4c is a not-for-profit organization that works across Edmonton, helping people get what they need to tackle life’s challenges. At e4c, we are working to limit, alleviate and ultimately eliminate poverty in Edmonton. Everyone has a story . . . and we believe in a future where poverty isn’t part of it.
As a Casual Follow-up Support Worker you will establish and maintain service plans for successfully maintaining housing sustainability for participants. Your role is to build and maintain trusting partnerships with landlords and community service providers in assisting participants to achieve integration into our community.
Hours: Flexible - hours of work will be determined depending on program needs.
Why Join Our Team
|Qualifications:||Education and Certifications
• Diploma or degree in Human Services or Social Sciences fields.
• Clear Police Check with Vulnerable Sector
• Clear Intervention Record Check
• Certifications: Suicide Intervention, Standard First Aid and CPR, Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• 1+ year of experience working with marginalized populations, high risk and vulnerable populations.
• Previous experience working with LGBTQ2+, Indigenous, refugee and immigrant populations.
• Working knowledge of harm reduction, abuse and trauma, sexual exploitation, addictions, mental health, homelessness, inner city and indigenous culture.
• Knowledge and experience of Motivational Interviewing and Critical Time Intervention strategies considered an asset.
• Demonstrated experience de-escalating crisis and potentially violent situations with individuals under the influence of drugs or alcohol, under extreme stress &/or struggling with acute/chronic mental health crises.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, database applications and computer operations.
• Deliver to the Agency – holistic overview; plays many roles successfully; long-term perspective.
• Work alongside Managers in the Agency – collaboration and empowerment; people oriented.
• Self-Awareness and Impact – focused on learning; self-expression, self-awareness.
• Create and Lead Change – proactive and preventative; innovation and creative; pathfinding.
• Manage An Agency Focus – prioritizing; utilizing feedback.
• Best Practice Framework- participate in ongoing trainings for best practice approaches in service delivery including implementing person-centered, strength-based, trauma-informed, cultural-sensitive and harm reduction models.
|Description:||In Your Role You Will
• Develop Service Plans with participants for the purpose of evaluating progress through transition and ultimately program graduation.
• Compile and maintain case notes and documentation by using Efforts Toward Outcomes computer software system to build Individual Service Plans based upon participant goals.
• Explore with participants their strengths and barriers to obtain sustainable affordable housing options by using tools, assessments and referral skills.
• Coordinate client centered care through your knowledge of and experience with issues that face the populations we serve
• Utilize agency and community resources to assistant participants in setting up housing.
• Maintain positive working relationships with landlords through regular contact and support.
|Please forward your resume to:||Please forward Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com|