Complex Behaviours Youth Worker - Casual
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, Student, Other|
|Title:||Complex Behaviours Youth Worker - Casual|
|Salary:||Reg rate $18.09 - $21.00 /Hour Sleep rate $13.60/Hour|
|Qualifications:||In Your Role You Will
• Support/supervise the individuals behavioural, emotional and social needs/development (in the residence & during community activities); observing & documenting changes
• Deal with challenging behaviours on a daily basis.
• Provide individualized supports within a consistent, healthy & safe environment
• Assist with daily operation & maintenance of the program facility (meal prep, cleaning, etc.)
• Connect the individual with their family & community.
• Transport person in care to school, appointments & participate in vocational, recreational, leisure activities.
• During overnight hours provide immediate support in crisis situations.
• Assist in the design, implementation & evaluation of ISPs, program specific policies & procedures.
• Act as a liaison with family members, guardians & the community on behalf of the person in care.
• Administer medication, first aid, or notify emergency medical personnel if/when necessary.
|Description:||*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
Preference will be given to mature, physically fit and highly skilled applicants with significant experience in Disability Services & challenging behaviours.
• Only those applicants with a minimum 2+ years experience working with children/youth with challenging behaviours & significant mental health concerns will be considered for this challenging position
• Grade 12 Diploma minimum requirement; Prefer a Certificate, Diploma or Degree – Community Support Worker, Special Education or related field
• Valid class 5 driver license (not GDL – no restrictions) with clear driving abstract and reliable vehicle
• Clear criminal record check & social services involvement check
• Current First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification (NVCI or CPI)
• Work well in an environment with potential for aggression/violence; physical intervention skills an asset
• Training in Abuse Protocol, Medication Administration, Proactive Procedures & Behavioural Strategies, Crisis Prevention Intervention
• Confident & able to function in a crisis
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services. The support we provide for families emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services & career opportunities, visit www.wjscanda.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
|Please forward your resume to:||For more information on WJS Canada or to apply for this opportunity please visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.