Casual/On Call Supervised Access Driver
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, Student, Other|
|Title:||Casual/On Call Supervised Access Driver|
|City:||Lac La Biche, AB|
|Salary:||$17.50 - $27.50/hr (based on education, experience & duties)|
• Must be available for a variety of shifts including weekdays, evenings and weekends to accommodate needs of clients.
• Accept drive assignments according to directions stated on referrals, on a prearranged and on-call basis.
• Use own vehicle to transport clients to assigned locations (appointments, supervised visits, etc.) – mileage & expenses reimbursed
• Remain with family for the duration of supervised access visit, monitoring all parent-child interactions for safety and appropriateness; observing and taking log notes on family interaction
• Work in accordance with/gain knowledge of the Child Welfare Act and Child and Family Services Authorities
• Prepare accurate & timely reports/records of all drives, supervised visits, vehicle safety inspections, etc. as per WJS Policy as required.
• Report any discrepancies in vehicle operation.
• Represent Family Support Services in a professional manner
• Work within all safety and privacy frameworks and policies
|Qualifications:||*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Valid Class 5 (not Graduated) Alberta Driver’s License with 5+ years driving experience, insurance and clean Drivers Abstract
• Reliable vehicle with backseat for transporting children in approved infant/child car seat (supplied)
• Clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Intervention check
• Valid First Aid / CPR Certificate (or willingness to attend training)
• Willing to take employer-provided training in Suicide Intervention/Prevention and cultural sensitivity
• As all files are electronic candidates must have good computer skills - for emailing and document preparation,
• Stamina for long periods of driving
|Description:||What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services & career opportunities, visit www.wjscanda.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
|Please forward your resume to:||To apply for this position or for more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.