Casual Child Youth Care Worker - Edmonton & Stony Plain Area, AB
|Employer:||Unlimited Potential Community Services|
|Title:||Casual Child Youth Care Worker - Edmonton & Stony Plain Area, AB|
|Address:||10403 172 St NW #145, Edmonton, AB T5S 1K9|
|Salary:||$19.72/hour + 4% Vacation Pay|
|Summary:||Casual Child Youth Care Worker - Edmonton & Stony Plain Area, AB|
|Qualifications:||The ideal candidate will possess:
• Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous culture, customs and beliefs;
• Passion for working with children, youth and families;
• Understanding of current and emerging issues of importance to Indigenous people and communities;
• Knowledge of Cree language or one of the other Indigenous languages in Treaty 6, 7 or 8 Traditional Territories and/or Metis Settlements will be a definite asset;
• Good understanding of health issues affecting youth and adults, such as FASD, drug and alcohol addictions, intergenerational trauma, mental health, suicide and other mental and behavioural issues;
• Good understanding of cultural differences and how they impact treatment approaches for children and youth;
• Good verbal and written communication skills with proven organizational and documentation skills;
• Able to work well in a team environment with the ability to handle stressful situations in a non-confrontational, problem solving manner is required.
Qualifications/Experience: Must have a diploma/degree in Child Youth Care, Social Work (if education is in Social Work, must be registered Social Worker with the Alberta College of Social Workers) education or related field. Previous experience working with children, youth and families would be a definite asset.
Other requirements: A clear police information check and intervention record check less than six months old. Valid driver’s licences and driver's abstract. Must be willing to work shifts, sometimes alone and weekends.
|Description:||Unlimited Potential Community Services (UP) is a non-profit charitable society that has been providing quality support and treatment since 1987. Our goal is to restore stability and hope in the lives of children, youth, adults, and families so they can achieve personal independence and family unity. UP believes cultural tradition is an important part of mental wellness, so we incorporate the culture and traditions of our clients wherever possible. UP invites applicants who are passionate about providing quality support to our clients through a culturally sensitive approach and helping us to work together towards our goal to support each child and family to reach their full potential.
Program overview: At UP we provide ongoing group care treatment services and educational programs to children and youth with emotional, behavioral, and/or psychiatric difficulties (including FASD and mental health concerns). Our clients, who range from 13-18 years of age, live in a group home, therapeutic setting. We are looking for an individual who has a passion for working with these vulnerable youth, becoming their role model and teaching them life skills through various activities.
Position overview: This position ensures that the therapeutic and social environment is safe and secure so that individual service plans are developed, followed and meet the individual needs of the youth and their families. As a primary care provider, the position is relied on to continuously evaluate individual service plans, monitor and record behaviors, oversee and arrange for daily activities and provide input to the service team based on observations and direct interaction with the youth.
Pay rate: $19.72/hour plus 4% vacation pay. We also offer free courses and workshops in-house for all of our employees.
|Please forward your resume to:||Our values are integrity, respect, excellence, humility and relationships. If you meet the entrance criteria, hold similar values and are looking to join a dynamic team that works hard to empower and support children, youth and families, please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com or fill out an Application here.
UP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all cultures and backgrounds; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.