|Employer:||McMan - Calgary Region|
|Address:||#80, 6712 Fisher ST. SE|
|Salary:||$70,179.00 - $77,976.00|
|Summary:||McMan's Youth Transitions programs are looking for a Clinician to join our team. As a Clinician you would be responsible for providing mental health and wellness support to youth who are involved in our Hope Homes, Hope Homes for Aboriginal Youth and Youth Transitions Programs. The ideal candidate will embrace new and innovative ways of engaging youth. This position requires a strong understanding of harm reduction, trauma, grief and loss and child/adolescent development. An additional requirement for this position will be to provide clinical consultation with staff teams.|
|Qualifications:||The successful candidate:
• Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology, Counselling, or Social Work. Registration with appropriate College.
• Be able to utilize strong research and evaluation skills.
• Be able to demonstrate knowledge of community resources.
• Have direct experience working with youth from diverse cultural and socio economic backgrounds.
• Have experience working with at risk youth with complex needs (domestic violence, mental health, and Child and Family Services status).
• Possess excellent organizational skills.
• Be able to demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills, time management skills and very sound comprehension of boundaries
• Must have excellent interpersonal and supportive counselling skills
• Will be proficient with using data bases and current technology
• Working knowledge of assessments tools
• Must have a reliable vehicle and proof of adequate vehicle insurance
• Must have CURRENT (within 6 months) Child Intervention check and Police/ Vulnerable Sector check
This position does require some evenings and weekends.
|Description:||McMan’s Youth Transitions programs are looking for a Clinician to join our team. As a Clinician you would be responsible for providing mental health and wellness support to youth who are involved in our Hope Homes, Hope Homes for Aboriginal Youth and Youth Transitions Programs. The ideal candidate will embrace new and innovative ways of engaging youth. This position requires a strong understanding of harm reduction, trauma, grief and loss and child/adolescent development. This position is best suited for a clinician who wants to create positive change in the lives of young people through flexible, non-traditional clinical support. An additional requirement for this position will be to provide clinical consultation with staff teams. As this position serves multiple systems of care, the ideal candidate will have knowledge and skill in working with diverse large systems.|
|Please forward your resume to:||McMan Youth, Family and Community Services Association of Calgary & Area delivers more than 20 programs that evoke positive changes and improve the quality of our community. Each year, more than 2,300 individuals are enriched by our services, which focus on family and caregiver support, youth and outreach services, youth homelessness and housing support, support for families with children with disabilities, and support for individuals and families affected by Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD). A strong team of dedicated professionals, coupled with dynamic community partners, work to create responsive programs as diverse as the individuals we support.
When applying for any job most people want to know what a company can offer them. With McMan, it’s a solid blend of an extensive benefit plan, generous time off allowances, and the opportunity to contribute to the community at large. Access is provided to benefits on day one of employment, with a plan that includes vision, dental and prescription drug coverage, and an Employee Assistance Program. A 100% employer contribution pension plan is also provided after 6 months of employment. With three weeks of vacation after one year, a flexible schedule, and access to 12 personal days off per year, the organization encourages a work/life balance.
If you feel you have the skills, background and the desire to work in an extremely rewarding and challenging environment, apply now. If you’re looking to make a difference, make it with McMan.
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found
Submit To: Email: email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.