Active Aging Volunteer Coordinator
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, MSW, RSW, Volunteer|
|Employer:||Silvera For Seniors|
|Title:||Active Aging Volunteer Coordinator|
|Address:||Suite 804, 7015 Macleod Trail SW, 403-276-5541|
|Salary:||Offers a Competitive Salary|
Do you want to be a voice for seniors in Calgary? Do you want to help build communities that support independence, dignity
Our employees make a difference in the Silvera story and in the unique stories of each of our 1,500 residents. Our team works every day in our resident’s homes as leading advocates and caring providers of affordable homes and services for lower-income seniors.
We believe in a diverse workforce, career advancement, employee recognition and offering competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to ongoing training and support for all employees, which helps them to create their careers and excel in providing professional and superior service to our residents.This, we believe, makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work
• Degree or Diploma in Recreation/Gerontology/Human Services is required.
• 2-3 years’ experience working with Volunteers is required.
• Demonstrated passion for and experience working with seniors.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; additional languages are an asset.
• Must have own vehicle as occasional travel is required.
• Ability to work in varying environments, both independently and as part of a high-performing team.
|Description:||See yourself in our story as an Active Aging Volunteer Coordinator
We currently have a full-time contract opportunity in our Aspen Community in NE Calgary. As an Active Aging Volunteer Coordinator you will be reporting to Active Aging Manager and will be responsible for all aspects of building and maintaining a team of volunteers to support the delivery of programs in each community and across the organization. This role will also be responsible for establishing, monitoring and evaluating vendor relationships, as they directly support Active Aging initiatives in each community.
Key responsibilities include:
• Identify potential opportunities for volunteer-driven programs, engage and build a team of volunteers.
• Create Volunteer position descriptions, reflecting the unique programs and skills sets desired;
• Work closely with Community Managers and Active Aging Assistants to identify unique needs and deliver current and proposed programs.
• Develop a plan to ensure appropriate involvement of corporate, community and school groups.
• Track and report data regarding volunteer demographics, Volunteer recruitment strategies, numbers and hours volunteered aligned with organizational goals and annual key performance measures.
|Please forward your resume to:||email@example.com|