Active Aging Assistant
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, MSW, RSW|
|Employer:||Silvera For Seniors|
|Title:||Active Aging Assistant|
|Address:||Suite 804, 7015 Macleod Trail SW, 403-276-5541|
|Salary:||Offers a Competitive Salary|
Do you want to be a voice for seniors in Calgary? Do you want to help build communities that support independence, dignity
Our employees make a difference in the Silvera story and in the unique stories of each of our 1,500 residents
We believe in a diverse workforce, career advancement, employee recognition and offering competitive salary and benefits package. We are committed to ongoing training and support for all employees, which helps them to create their careers and excel in providing professional and superior service to our residents.
This, we believe, makes us an employer of choice and a great place to work.
• Degree or Diploma in Recreation Assistant/gerontology is preferred
• Demonstrated passion for and experience working with seniors
• Creativeness, enthusiasm and a positive, team-oriented attitude
• Well organized, creative and adaptable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Must have own vehicle as occasional travel is required
|Description:||See yourself in our story as an Active Aging Assistant.
We currently have a full-time opportunity in our Aspen Community in NE Calgary. This position is responsible for the implementation and delivery of recreational activities that support the physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and psychosocial well-being of our residents.
Key responsibilities include:
• Independently facilitate and assist with the facilitation of programs and activities for residents
• Promote activity by interacting with residents to encourage participation
• Assist residents with the activity as appropriate
• Supervise and support scheduled outings away from the community
• Observe resident participation and responses during the activity
• Work as part of Active Aging team in improving delivery of activities and services
|Please forward your resume to:||email@example.com|