Peer Program Coordinator
|Employer:||HIV Community Link|
|Title:||Peer Program Coordinator|
|Address:||110, 1603 10 Ave SW|
|Salary:||To be determined|
We are seeking a Coordinator to lead our new Peer Program for People Living with HIV. The Peer Program engages people with lived experience as volunteer Peer Facilitators and Peer Navigators, providing both group-based and one-on-one support for People Living with HIV. The Peer Program Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the Peer Program
This is a full-time position (35 hours a week) working Monday to Friday. A flexible schedule and ability to work some evenings and weekends
|Qualifications:||Qualifications/ Key Competencies
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a human service related field, with a preference for a degree in social work and registration with the appropriate professional body as applicable.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in case management, counselling, and/or peer support models.
• Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
• Knowledge and experience in working within community development principles.
• Public speaking and presentation experience is an asset.
• Demonstrated cultural awareness and responsiveness in working across diverse populations.
• Knowledge of HIV, harm reduction, sex work and related issues.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• High ethical standards with a demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Provision of a criminal security check with vulnerable sector search every three years.
• A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation is an asset.
• Continuous development, implementation, evaluation and improvement of the Peer Program.
• Ensure incorporation of evidence based and promising practices into service delivery.
• Ongoing engagement of a Peer Advisory Committee to inform program development.
• Consult the community as part of a process to build, develop and enhance support services for people living with HIV.
• Coordinate recruitment and training processes for volunteer Peer Navigators and Facilitators.
• Facilitate intake assessments and matches between referrals and appropriate levels of peer programming.
• Provide ongoing supervision, support, mentorship and debriefing to Peer Volunteers.
• Develop, promote and support ongoing self-care and wellness strategies for Peer Volunteers.
• Facilitate monthly Community of Practice meetings for Peer Volunteers.
• Develop relationships and promote the program with key community health and social service partners to facilitate referrals of individuals who would benefit from a peer support model.
• Assess ongoing trends for people living with HIV and offer information and support in related areas.
• Deliver and coordinate core training curriculum for Peer Volunteers including topics such as Rights and Responsibilities of Peers, Setting Boundaries, Group Facilitation, Dynamics and Equity.
• Develop and facilitate education and support group opportunities for people living with HIV.
Client Support Services
• As needed, support HIV Community Link Case Managers to provide a range of client services in the HIV Community Link Drop-In Space
• Assess client needs in the areas of health care, housing, income, social support, legal, substance use, practical needs, and harm-reduction.
• In partnership with Case Managers, facilitate service plans based upon client-identified needs.
• Advocate on behalf of clients to address barriers to service.
• Refer clients to other community services, coordinate network of services.
• Coordinate regular calendar of client events/activities including weekly Lunches and Coffee Connections.
|Please forward your resume to:||Salary and Benefits
HIV Community Link Society offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference HIVCL-086
You must be eligible to work in Alberta and available for in-person interviews. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.