Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) Support Worker
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, RSW, Other|
|Title:||Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) Support Worker|
|Address:||10527 - 96 Street|
|Salary:||Offers a Competitive Salary|
Through our vision to eliminate poverty in our community, and guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, Bissell Centre’s work is based on building relationships, hope
Bissell Centre is growing and in need of a passionate and skilled PSH Support Worker.
Currently, Bissell Centre is looking for the right individual to fill the position of PSH Support Worker. The key function of this position is to work with adults who are living with a Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder to support home stability and goal achievement through a
This position requires individuals who are willing to work on 24/7 rotating
|Qualifications:||The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
• Degree or Diploma in Social Science or related discipline
• Minimum of one year related employment experience e.g. high-risk populations, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, supportive housing experience
• Alberta Class 5 License, satisfactory driver’s abstract and a vehicle
• Experience with case management software is a considerable asset
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, result oriented, good time management, strong organizational, problem-solving and advocacy skills
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs
• Familiarity with issues of poverty, homelessness and Edmonton’s urban core
• Familiarity working with high risk populations and an understanding of Aboriginal cultures, history and current issues
|Description:||Specific responsibilities of the position include:
• To engage with and support residents, on a daily basis, with individual goal attainment
• Collaboratively assess and ensure participants complete the FASD assessment to identify their strength, resources, needs and aspirations in order to provide greater opportunities for enhanced support to the participants
• Manage administrative responsibilities of a caseload of up to 5 residents
• Provide outreach capabilities to assist with community integration and attending important appointments such as court, medical and mental health
• Accurately complete intake and assessment process of potential residents
• Help participant establish housing by assisting with utility set up, furniture acquisition and delivery and completing a Move In Inspection Report
• Assist in re-housing participants as required
|Please forward your resume to:||Bissell Centre offers above average industry benefits including; employer subsidized medical and dental benefits, life insurance, disability, flexible spending account, outstanding vacation and more!
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by February 19, 2018 to:
Team Lead – Hope Terrace
10527 - 96 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 2H6
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcome applications from Aboriginal persons, visible minority group members, persons with disabilities, persons who identify with various self-concepts and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.