Complex Needs Supportive Independent Living Worker (Full Time)
|Category:||SW Dip, Student, Other|
|Title:||Complex Needs Supportive Independent Living Worker (Full Time)|
|Salary:||$24 - $27/hr|
- mentor and teach life skills including communication skills, coping with emotions and change, budgeting, household management, sexual health, boundaries and
- promote inclusion in community activities involving artistic, educational, recreational programming and participation in the volunteer sector.
- link the client to community support services and employment
|Qualifications:||*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- Grade 12 diploma or diploma in Disability Studies or related Social Sciences/Human Services or equivalent.
Training or Experience:
- Minimum two years community rehabilitation experience as well as experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities. Specialized education and training and/or demonstrated success in relevant settings.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare check.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license, Driver’s Abstract and proof of insurability.
- First Aid/CPR, Restrictive Procedures, Abuse Protocols, Non Violent Crisis Prevention Intervention.
- Use of common/business computer applications.
- Committed to philosophies and principles of community based living for individuals in service.
|Description:||What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services & career opportunities, visit www.wjscanda.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
|Please forward your resume to:||No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
To apply visit our website @ www.wjscanada.com OR copy & paste the link below into your browser: https://clients.njoyn.com/CL4/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=76383&page=jobdetails&jobid=J0218-0098&BRID=EX67217&SBDID=21904&LANG=1