Professional Practice Leader, Social Work
|Employer:||Provincial Health Services Authority|
|Title:||Professional Practice Leader, Social Work|
|Address:||4500 Oak Street|
|Salary:||$40.97 to $51.08 per hour|
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 19, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia.
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women’s health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women’s is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre BCW’s mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve.
BCCH and BCW are agencies of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Professional Practice Leader, Social Work
Reference # 67045
Wage: $40.97 to $51.08 per hour
4500 Oak Street
The Professional Practice Leader, Social Work is responsible for the direction and delivery of professional clinical and academic services for Social Work across all agencies at C&W. The Professional Practice Leader provides professional practice leadership, participates in the planning, delivery, and evaluation of services, contributes to and/or develops human resources plans and manages select financial resources. Additionally, the Professional Practice Leader provides leadership for advanced clinical practice, evidence based practice and professional standards and interprofessional collaborative practice.
|Qualifications:||Education, Training & Experience
* Completion of a Master’s degree in Social Work.
* Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
* Six (6) years of recent, related experience including four (4) years supervisory/leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
* Comprehensive knowledge of Social Work theory and practice.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and regulations for Social Work as established by British Columbia Association for Social Workers.
* Knowledge of Child Protection issues.
* Comprehensive knowledge of organization policies, procedures, and standards of care.
* Demonstrated ability to manage change
* Working knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
* Working knowledge of research process and methodology.
* Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, supervision, work direction and training.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, and to deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care professionals, clients and their families, and external agencies.
* Demonstrated ability to function as an effective leader, mentor, coach and facilitator.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
* Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
* Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
* Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
* Demonstrated ability to develop project plans and implement new projects.
* Demonstrated skill and ability to operate related equipment and techniques appropriate to clinical areas.
* Demonstrated ability to develop educational programs and materials.
* Demonstrated ability to goal-set and develop a strategic plan and shared vision for the discipline.
* Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
* Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
|Description:||Example of Duties and Accountabilities
Ensures professional standards, registration requirements, professional credentials, practice guidelines and the code of ethics for Social Workers are understood, monitored and maintained.
Ensures the professional practice framework, policies and procedures, practice guidelines and clinical pathways are evidenced based and in place to meet related accreditation standards and standards of care, and where applicable, the Health Professions Act.
Leads and manages the planning and coordination of Social Work service delivery within the biopsychosocial model for BCCH.
Provides direct reporting function for operations and professional practice for BCCH Social Workers.
Leads the planning, development and implementation of priorities for Social Work leadership in collaboration with the Professional Practice Coordinator.
|Please forward your resume to:||We invite you to apply by visiting the link below, then on the "Apply Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled
** Relocation Allowance of up to $5,000 may be available **
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the Agency that you are interested in, please visit the website at: www.bcchildrens.ca or www.bcwomens.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities