Program Facilitator with the Pride Centre of Edmonton
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, RSW|
|Employer:||Boys and Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton and Area|
|Title:||Program Facilitator with the Pride Centre of Edmonton|
|Salary:||$40,971 - 46,355|
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area is an organization that believes in the promise of all young people. Together with The Pride Centre of Edmonton, our teams work to create safe environments for youth through a variety of group programming and provide caring mentoring relationships for youth.
|Qualifications:||The successful candidate will have:
● University degree or college diploma in a related human service field with a focus in youth development, equity studies, social work are an asset.
● 2-3 years combined experience in a role involved with youth programming, social justice environments, volunteer management and partnership development.
● Strong familiarity with LGBTQ2S communities and LGBTQ2S human rights and inclusion
● Detailed understanding of and ability to develop programs and identify service needs relating to gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation.
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to assess and adapt to diverse audiences and learning styles.
● Experience in program development, implementation and assessment
● Ability to exercise good judgment and sound decision making.
● Ability to work flexible work hours including evenings and weekends.
● Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
|Description:||The key responsibilities of this position will include:
● Recruiting, screening, training and matching volunteer mentors from LGBTQ2S communities to participate in the Queer Mentoring program for youth.
● Providing ongoing support to LGBTQ2S youth who are a part of the Queer Mentoring program, ensuring they have positive relationships with mentors in the community.
● In partnership with a Youth Outreach Coordinator, supporting mentor involvement in group programming for LGBTQ2S youth and children by matching LGBTQ2S volunteer mentors with group activities.
● Providing a safe, engaging and positive place for youth and volunteer mentors to be.
● Providing ongoing support, training and monitoring to volunteers working with youth.
● Working collaboratively with the Pride Centre and other LGBTQ2S community groups to provide and promote the opportunities and benefits for youth having mentoring relationships. Marketing the mentorship program.
● Building relationships with partners to understand LGBTQ2S community needs/trends.
● Maintaining up-to-date electronic casework notes, statistics and other required reporting in compliance with relevant standards, processes and outcomes.
|Please forward your resume to:||Attention: Human Resources
E-mail to: email@example.com