Youth and Family Counsellors
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, RSW, Other|
|Title:||Youth and Family Counsellors|
|Address:||805 37th Street NW (Parkdale Campus)|
|Salary:||To be determined|
We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 450 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking Youth & Family Counsellors I or II to work in multiple locations throughout Calgary, AB.
The Youth & Family Counsellor acts as a coordinator in the planning and delivery of therapeutic activities for high risk youth. The Youth and Family Counsellor is the primary worker with young people, normally on rotating shifts that provide coverage twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
|Qualifications:||QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
• Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in the Social Sciences, Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Nursing
• YFC I - Minimum two (2) years of related experience in working with young people in a residential setting.
• YFC II - Minimum four (4) years of related experience in working with young people in a residential setting.
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
• Personal suitability is an important consideration.
|Description:||RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Implementing and maintaining a structured setting fostering the development of personal and social functioning for each resident.
• Participating in supervisory and team meetings, retreats, planning sessions, and in-service training.
• Conducting therapeutic responsibilities for young adults and their families including attendance and intervention at case conferences, consultations, school meetings, doctor’s appointments, family meetings and related case management.
• Must be an effective, mature and appropriate role model for each resident.
|Please forward your resume to:||Please submit an application and resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: email@example.com. Please quote ‘Last Name, First Name – YFC’ in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.