PART-TIME CLUBHOUSE WORKER - WETASKIWIN, AB 16 HOURS/WEEK (TWO DAYS 8:30am-4:30pm)
|Employer:||Unlimited Potential Community Services (UP)|
|Title:||PART-TIME CLUBHOUSE WORKER - WETASKIWIN, AB 16 HOURS/WEEK (TWO DAYS 8:30am-4:30pm)|
|Address:||10403 172 St NW #145|
|Salary:||$16,197.00 - $18,780.00|
Unlimited Potential Community Services (UP) is a non-profit charitable society that has been providing quality support and treatment since 1987. Our goal is to restore stability and hope in the lives of children, youth, adults, and families so they can achieve personal independence and family unity. UP believes cultural tradition is an important part of mental wellness, so we incorporate the culture and traditions of our clients wherever possible. UP invites applicants who are passionate about providing quality support to our clients through a culturally sensitive approach and helping us to work together towards our goal to support each child and family to reach their full potential.
Program overview: Touchstone Place Clubhouse provides an environment where adults with schizophrenia, depression, anxiety and bipolar can develop a support network and cultivate their potential based on needs and goals common to all people, and not restricted by their illnesses. We balance this with understanding, acceptance, empathy and support.
Position overview: Staff must have the capability and flexibility to handle and juggle a broad array of duties and demands such as:
|Qualifications:||The ideal candidate will possess:
• Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous culture, customs and beliefs;
• Understanding of current and emerging issues of importance to Indigenous people and communities;
• Good understanding of health issues affecting youth and adults, such as FASD, drug and alcohol addictions, intergenerational trauma, mental health, suicide and other mental and behavioural issues;
• Good understanding of cultural differences and how they impact treatment approaches;
• Good verbal and written communication skills with proven organizational and documentation skills;
• Able to work well in a team environment with the ability to handle stressful situations in a non-confrontational, problem solving manner is required;
• Strong client relationship skills (ability to get along with all personality types);
• Demonstrates a friendly, vibrant, sociable and understanding personality.
Qualifications/Experience: High school graduate. Post-secondary education in the social science field would be considered an asset. (If education is in Social Work, must be registered Social Worker with the Alberta College of Social Workers). Previous experience working with this type of clientele would be a definite asset.
Other requirements: A clear police information check and intervention record check less than six months old. Valid AB driver’s licence and driver's abstract with less than 6 demerit points.
|Description:||Salary: Salary Range is $16,197.00 - $18,780.00 annually (salary commensurate with education and experience). We offer free courses and workshops in-house for all of our employees.|
|Please forward your resume to:||Our values are integrity, respect, excellence, humility and relationships. If you meet the entrance criteria, hold similar values and are looking to join a dynamic team that works hard to empower and support children, youth and families, please clearly indicate which position you are applying for and submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com or fill out an Application here.
UP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all cultures and backgrounds; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.