FASD Community Specialist
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, Other|
|Title:||FASD Community Specialist|
|City:||Slave Lake, AB|
|Salary:||$26.25 - $33.39 /Hour|
|Qualifications:||In Your Role You Will:
• Develop strength based case management plans and interventions.
• Provide assistance to affected individuals as well as their circle of influence (which could include family members, caregivers, educators, service providers, counselors, etc.) in developing positive and effective daily living strategies.
• Support individuals in connecting with diagnostic clinics and in the diagnostic process.
• Perform home visits and phone consultations.
• Make supported referrals to other services/agencies i.e., AADAC, AISH, justice agencies, housing, treatment/health related services, shelters, Food Bank, Integrative Behaviour Support Services, Parenting Programs, etc.
• Accompany individuals to appointments.
• Advocate for individuals and expand community understanding of their specific needs and issues.
• Assist in the development of support systems/provide opportunities to build new and positive relationships.
• Facilitate opportunities for decreasing risk taking behaviors through the development of harm reduction strategies.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 3 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Child and Youth Care or other related Human Services equivalency
• Minimum of two years of working with individuals affected by FASD
• Experience and understanding of Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act.
• Submit a Criminal Record and Child Intervention check
• Valid Alberta Driver’s Licence, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
• Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
• Suicide Intervention and Prevention Training
• Cultural sensitive training.
|Description:||What WJS Canada does:
WJS Canada's mission is 'Strengthening people and communities with innovative, individualized services'. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed. For more information on WJS, services and career opportunities, visit www.wjscanada.com
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
|Please forward your resume to:||No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
To apply for this position please click the link below (or copy & paste it into your internet browser)
or visit www.wjscanada.com