Foster Care Support Worker (Full-time, Term)
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, MSW|
|Title:||Foster Care Support Worker (Full-time, Term)|
|Address:||805 37th Street NW|
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 450 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy and the reality is that most problems surface after hours. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. Work hours at Wood’s Homes are typically round-the-clock and the type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a Foster Care Support Worker (1 year term position) to work in the Foster Care Network Program. This program offers youth a stable home-like environment and the opportunity to transition from intensive residential treatment to more fully-realized community living. The program offers a number of foster home and group living arrangements, with the goal of ensuring that out youth are positively transitioning into adults and learning all the skills necessary to live independently.
The Foster Care Support Worker is responsible for therapeutic and support services to troubled youth and their foster families in order to promote family-based care.
This position reports to the Program Supervisor(s) at FCN.
|Qualifications:||Qualifications and Education:
• Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in the Human Sciences, Child Care or a related field.
• Minimum four (4) years of related experience in working with children and/or adolescents and families.
• In-home support experience preferred.
• Must have own transportation.
• Personal suitability is an important consideration.
|Description:||Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provides in-home and crisis support to foster families and youth.
• Reviews referrals, makes placement recommendations and attends meetings as required by immediate Supervisor.
• Coordinates and facilitates various systems meetings including case conferences and planning meetings.
• Represents the program and networks with other programs and organizations to enhance understanding of the Foster Care Network.
|Please forward your resume to:||Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, FCSW Term’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.