Sexual Violence Client Advocate (PACES)
|Category:||BSW, MSW, RSW|
|Employer:||Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse (CCASA)|
|Title:||Sexual Violence Client Advocate (PACES)|
|Address:||Suite 700, 910 7th Ave SW|
|Summary:||Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse is the primary sexual violence service provider for Calgary and surrounding areas. CCASA is excited to announce that we are currently hiring a full-time position in the Police and Court Education & Support (PACES) Program. The PACES worker provides specialized information, education, and support to past or recent survivors of sexual assault and their families.|
|Qualifications:||The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
• A degree in social/human services or criminal justice required.
• 2-3 years related work experience.
• Possess an anti-oppressive analysis of sexual violence.
• Ability to work with the effects of sexual violence on individuals and communities.
• Experience with crisis intervention and assessment required.
• An understanding of the criminal justice system is an asset.
• The ability to work with various community and professional services.
Please visit our website at www.calgarycasa.com for more information about our programs.
|Description:||Responsibilities of the PACES worker include:
• Providing information and support to individuals accessing the criminal justice system.
• Providing crisis support, information, advocacy and referrals.
• Accompaniments to appointments with the police and crown prosecutor.
• Providing court preparation and accompaniment.
• Working collaboratively with the Calgary Police Service, Crown Prosecutor and Victim Services.
• Public Education.
* Successful applicant will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
|Please forward your resume to:||CCASA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse groups to apply.
Email or fax resumes by 5:00 pm, April 2nd, 2018 to:
Police and Court Education & Support Team Lead
910 – 7th Avenue SW (Northland Building)
Calgary, AB T2P-3N8
Fax: (403) 264-8355
No Phone Calls Please
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.