After Hours Response Worker
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, MSW, RSW|
|Employer:||Calgary Seniors' Resource Society|
|Title:||After Hours Response Worker|
|Address:||3639 26 Street NE|
|Salary:||Offers a Competitive Salary|
Calgary Seniors’ is looking for ‘After-Hours’ Response workers to provide emergency social care assistance for seniors in the community for their SeniorConnect Program. In accordance with daytime program practices and procedures, social emergencies are identified by the Distress Centre and referred to the SeniorConnect Team for semi-urgent assessment and intervention. Referrals made after-hours are those that cannot wait until the next working day, requiring more immediate assistance. You will respond to all calls received after office hours to include evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays to ensure the safety of older adults until regular daytime services are available. There are a number of situations in which the after-hours worker will become involved to ensure the safety of the older adult, including: providing urgent assistance and advice for families and/or carers, navigating access to emergency accommodation or other basic needs, and stabilizing a social crisis.
Well organised and flexible, you will have considerable community and older adult mental health work experience. You will confident in managing risk and crisis. You will be committed to high professional standards, a strong communicator, and have the ability to prioritise and react calmly to emergency situations. You will ensure that an efficient and effective service is provided to all service users, carers and agencies requiring a social emergency response outside of regular working hours.
You will be at least two years post qualification, and hold a professionally recognized qualification in Social Work, Nursing, or Psychology with a focus on gerontology. You will need to have the ability to work autonomously with limited support from the on call manager when required.
• Minimum five years’ experience working with older adults
• Able to prioritize and respond calmly to emergency situations
• Works effectively under pressure and in challenging situations
• Knowledge of Calgary resources and services
• Strong written and verbal communication skills,
• Well organized, reliable, and independent
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and cloud-based database system
• One year contract position (with intention of becoming permanent)
• Hours of work will be between 3pm and 9pm during the week including adjusted weekend work, allowing for flexibility.
• Police clearance check required with Vulnerable Sector Search
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle required
• Legally eligible to work in Canada
Police Check Required
|Description:||Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting seniors at-risk
• Safety Planning and Crisis Intervention
• Working closely with other community service providers, and emergency response teams to stabilize situation
• Collaborating with other senior serving organizations and agencies in securing resources
• Supporting daytime SeniorConnect workers
• Maintaining accurate and current client records
• Contributing to program evaluation and reporting
• Supporting in the review of policies, procedures, and other agency documents
|Please forward your resume to:||Please submit applications to:
Catherine Fallon via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.