Wellness Manager - Emerging Adults
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, MSW, RSW, Other|
|Title:||Wellness Manager - Emerging Adults|
|Address:||9321 Jasper Avenue|
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual who is interested in social justice, social change, innovation, and collaborative work. e4c’s supportive housing programs provide housing for people in the middle of life transitions, looking for stability, recovery, and a better life. In your role you serve people who, due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions, need enhanced levels of housing support.
As a Wellness Manager, you will provide key support to the wellness coaches and coordinator. You will work collaboratively with the Site Manager to ensure the program is running in a way that meets both residents’ specific needs and agency/funder requirements.
e4c’s supportive housing programs operates on the cycle of the day, drawing inspiration from the recovery motto of “one day at a time”. The model provides wrap around team staffing that includes clinical supports with a community-based approach, of recovery and sustained wellness of the resident. The Wellness Manager oversees the evening and weekend wellness shifts and is responsible for building and implementing the wellness strategy for the program. The focus of the shift is about personal wellness and modelling what it looks like to practice self-care, wellness and/or recovery.
Hours: Full-time: Monday to Friday: 2:00pm to 10:00pm with potential weekend work and on-call responsibilities required.
Why Join Our Team
|Qualifications:||Education and Certifications
• Degree or diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration
• Police Check with Vulnerable Sector
• Child Intervention Record Check.
• First Aid and CPR
• Medication Administration
• Suicide Intervention
• Food Safety
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• Proof of vehicle insurance, registration and 3 year drivers abstract
• Mental Health First Aid
• De-escalation Certificate
• Harm Reduction Training
• Cultural Awareness
• Three (3) years of related direct service work experience.
• Proven ability to foster a team environment and provide reflective supervision to team members.
• Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset
• Experience working in collaborative partnerships
• Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
• Relationship Building: Able to build formal and informal professional relationships. Fosters respect and reciprocity with participants/tenants, team members, other e4c personnel, external service providers and community members. Uses an intentional, reflective practice model in work with others.
• Accountability: Able to define expectations for self and others and to act to fulfill these expectations. Able to self-reflect, monitor and correct one’s own actions, as well as others’ actions); the ability to demonstrate skills, knowledge and an attitude that enable them to effectively carry out the job and to maintain personal health over time.
• Communication - The ability to understand and be understood by individuals and groups using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Innovative - ability to challenge, take risks and generate new ideas to improve operations or create new opportunities.
• Integrity and Ethical Behavior - a clear understanding of ethical and business practices.
|Description:||In Your Role You Will
• Coordinate the daily delivery of safe housing and wellness support programming through training, consultation and supervision of house support staff.
• Support the Wellness Coaches and Weekend Wellness Coordinator to work with residents to meet individual goals.
• Work with Life Skills team, clinical staff, and Site Manager to ensure that wellness planning aligns with resident care plans.
• Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
• Recruit personnel in conjunction with the e4c Human Resources Department and Site Manager.
• Facilitates regular meetings with house residents to plan wellness goals and activities.
• Oversee, develop and administer the wellness and recreation budget for pre-planned wellness activities.
• Builds rapport and works with neighbors, community members, staff and residents to build and model positive neighbor relations and facilitate on-going relationship building.
• Administer medication for all residents.
|Please forward your resume to:||When applying, please send a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume that includes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position.
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.e4calberta.org
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.