Associate Director, Professional Practice & Advocacy
|Employer:||Alberta College of Social Workers|
|Title:||Associate Director, Professional Practice & Advocacy|
|Address:||550, 10707 100 Avenue NW|
|Salary:||$129.000 plus 7% pension supplement. Comprehensive Benefits Package|
Apply your strong leadership skills and passion for advocacy
The Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW) serves as the professional association and regulatory body for the social work profession in Alberta. We support membership activities that promote skilled and ethical social work practice and participate in advocacy initiatives that align with the ACSW mandate and services.
For additional details please see the position advertisement and job description below:
|Qualifications:||Knowledge and Skills required for success:
• Registered Social Worker (RSW) minimum MSW
• Strong organizational ability and significant leadership and supervisory experience in related role (8-10 years or more)
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication with proven professional writing and presentation skills
• Project management experience; collaborative practice, team processes and facilitation skills
• Knowledge of Health Professions Act and Regulation, Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics for social workers
|Description:||The Associate Director manages implementation of key activities from governance direction, support to standing and ad-hoc committees and professional association activities of the Alberta College of Social Workers. The position ensures strong internal and external leadership for diverse activities including staff supervision, project management, organizational communications and advocacy initiatives within the ACSW mandate, member engagement and administration related to member activities.
This position is based in Edmonton Alberta. Ability to work flex hours with some evenings and occasional weekends and occasional travel within Alberta are a requirement.
Compensation: Salary $129,000 plus 7% pension supplement following successful completion of probationary period. Comprehensive benefits package.
|Please forward your resume to:||• Email Applications are preferred. Please send cover letter and resume ATTENTION L. King, Executive Director & Registrar ( via E-mail): email@example.com
• We thank all applicants for their interest. (Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
• CLOSING DATE: May 22, 2018