Family Reunification Worker
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW|
|Employer:||The Family Centre|
|Title:||Family Reunification Worker|
|Address:||9912 - 106 Street|
|Salary:||$41,931 - $56,127 Annually|
|Summary:||Join our dynamic team of human care service professionals who are committed to developing positive working relationships as an integrated team member. Within this team, you will be working collaboratively with other professionals to meet the needs of children, families and communities that lead to successful outcomes. The Family Centre requires Family Reunification workers for our Family Reunification Service.
You will be part of a team working in our Family Reunification homes that provide a family-oriented environment for parents and their children and youth aged 0 - 12 years. You will provide supports to families through the reunification process, which includes working with sibling groups and their parents in one of our homes.
You will be supporting parents to increase their parenting capacity, while maintaining attachment to their children. In order to ensure a stable and consistent environment for families, Family Reunification homes are supported 24 hours a day by team members working 12 hour shifts (days and nights) on a consistent rotation.
|Qualifications:||• Diploma or Degree in Child & Youth Care, Early Childhood Development or Human Services Field and equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 year experience (preferably residential)
• Experience working with families from diverse cultures
• Knowledge, skills and abilities to work with people who have experienced trauma
• Current Certification in First Aid and Level C CPR
• Current ASIST Suicide Intervention Training
• Police Check and Child Intervention Record Check completed within the last 6 months
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and liability insurance
• Strong interpersonal skills to help establish good working relationships with clients
• Ability to establish clear boundaries and be sensitive to the individual needs of each family
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to problem solve with a non-confrontational approach
• Reliable and flexible availability
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
• Teaching, modeling and supporting attachment based parenting
• Attending to the daily maintenance of the home
• Transport clients to appointments
• Teach and model appropriate parenting and household management skills
• Provide emotional support to families
• Strengthen relationships by empowering and nurturing the emotional bond between child/youth and their caregivers.
• Observes and documents family interactions, focusing on strengths, concerns and areas of growth
|Please forward your resume to:||Please send your Application to:
Reunification Services Manager
The Family Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Family Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, as well as work environment. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.