Wellness Coach - Buffalo Home (Women's House)
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, MSW, RSW, Other|
|Title:||Wellness Coach - Buffalo Home (Women's House)|
|Address:||9321 Jasper Avenue|
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual who is interested in social justice, social change, innovation, and collaborative work. e4c’s supportive housing programs provide housing for people in the middle of life transitions, looking for stability, recovery, and a better life. In your role you serve people who, due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions, need enhanced levels of housing support.
As a Wellness Coach you provide key support to the program residents. You will build reciprocal relationships with residents and through that, model healthy relating and boundaries. Wellness Coaches work to create a safe environment, free of judgment and as an avenue of support residents to achieve their self-identified wellness goals.
e4c’s supportive housing programs operates on the cycle of the day, drawing inspiration from the recovery motto of “one day at a time”. The model provides wrap around team staffing that includes clinical supports with a community-based approach, of recovery and sustained wellness of the resident. The Wellness Coach works to build relationships and support the residents in wellness-based activities. The focus of the shift is on personal wellness and modelling what it looks like to practice self-care, wellness and/or recovery.
Hours: Full-time: Monday to Friday: 4:30pm to 12:00am
Why Join Our Team
|Qualifications:||Education and Certifications
• Degree or diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration and lived personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty
• Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector.
• Child Intervention Check.
• Required: First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• Proof of Vehicle Insurance, Registration and 3 year Drivers Abstract.
• Recommended: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training and Cultural Awareness
• One year of related direct service work/lived experience
• Proven ability to foster a team environment
• Experience working in collaborative partnerships
• Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
• Empathetic Outlook: The ability to perceive and understand the feelings and attitudes of others; the ability to place oneself “in the shoes” of another and to view a situation from their perspective.
• Communication: Comfortable communicating formally, informally, in groups and one-on-one. Able to obtain and share information, ideas, and problems. Able to ask for advice, support and accept feedback
• Relationship Building: Able to build formal and informal professional relationships. Fosters respect and reciprocity with participants/tenants, team members, other e4c personnel, external service providers and community members
• Accountability: Able to define expectations for self and others and to act to fulfill these expectations. Able to self-reflect, monitor and correct one’s own actions, as well as others’ actions)
• Integrity and Ethical Behavior - a clear understanding of ethical practices. Aligns behavior with an ethical framework.
|Description:||In Your Role You Will
• Coach and model wellness and self-care practices within the home and with residents.
• Coordinate and implement resident recreational activities that align with wellness plans.
• Receives and communicates information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
• Communicates progress and outcomes related to wellness to the integrated care team.
• Administers medication for all program residents.
• Facilitates positive relationship building with neighbors, community and various other stakeholder groups.
• Manage and maintain all documentation to ensure appropriate file management procedures are followed.
|Please forward your resume to:||Please forward Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org|