Weekend Wellness Coordinator - Buffalo Home (Women's House)
|Category:||SW Dip, BSW, MSW, RSW, Other|
|Title:||Weekend Wellness Coordinator - Buffalo Home (Women's House)|
|Address:||9321 Jasper Avenue|
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual who is interested in social justice, social change, innovation, and collaborative work. e4c supportive housing programs provide housing for people in the middle of life transitions, looking for stability, recovery, and a better life. In your role you serve people who, due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions, need enhanced levels of housing support.
As the Weekend Wellness Coordinator you will provide key support to both Weekend Wellness Coaches and program residents. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and support Wellness Coaches in their work, and individual residents to develop and realize goals related to wellness.
e4c’s supportive housing programs operate on the cycle of the day, drawing inspiration from the recovery motto of “one day at a time”. The model provides wrap around team staffing that includes clinical supports with a community-based approach, of recovery and sustained wellness of the resident.. The focus of your will primarily be related to personal wellness and modelling what it looks like to practice self-care, wellness and/or recovery.
Hours: Saturday and Sunday: 2:00pm to 10:00pm
Why Join Our Team
|Qualifications:||Education and Certifications
• Degree or diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration and lived personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty
• Police Check with Vulnerable Sector
• Child Intervention Record Check.
• First Aid and CPR
• Medication Administration
• Suicide Intervention
• Food Safety
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• Proof of vehicle insurance, registration and 3 year drivers abstract
• Mental Health First Aid
• De-escalation Certificate
• Harm Reduction Training
• Cultural Awareness
• Two years of related direct service work/lived experience
• Proven ability to foster a team environment
• Experience working in collaborative partnerships
• Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
• Empathetic Outlook: The ability to perceive and understand the feelings and attitudes of others; the ability to place oneself “in the shoes” of another and to view a situation from their perspective.
• Communication: Comfortable communicating formally, informally, in groups and one-on-one. Able to obtain and share information, ideas, and problems. Able to ask for advice, support and accept feedback
• Relationship Building: Able to build formal and informal professional relationships. Fosters respect and reciprocity with participants/tenants, team members, other e4c personnel, external service providers and community members
• Accountability: Able to define expectations for self and others and to act to fulfill these expectations. Able to self-reflect, monitor and correct one’s own actions, as well as others’ actions)
• Integrity and Ethical Behavior - a clear understanding of ethical practices. Aligns behavior with an ethical framework.
|Description:||In Your Role You Will
• Work collaboratively with Wellness Manager and support Weekend Wellness Coaches to bring wellness programming to fruition
• Approaches the work with vulnerability and intentionality to engage residents.
• Actively uses “self” and own personal wellness as a tool to build reciprocal, authentic relationships with residents.
• Coach and model wellness and self-care practices within the home and with residents.
• Coordinate and implement resident recreational activities that align with wellness plans.
• Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
• Facilitates positive relationship building with neighbors, community and various other stakeholder groups.
• Promotes conflict resolution, positive communication, empathy and respect through positive reinforcement, role modeling and supportive listening with residents.
• Manages wellness budget to fund supplies and pre-planned wellness activities in conjunction with the Wellness Manager.
• Administers medication for all program residents.
|Please forward your resume to:||Please forward Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com|