Practice Mentor Readiness Self-Assessment
ACSW's Mentor Program is a formal network of experienced registered social workers willing to share their expertise and wisdom. As an ACSW Mentor, you can offer your mentoring on a short-term or long-term basis. Short-term mentoring is defined as three to seven contacts over a two-to-six-month period. Long-term mentoring requires a commitment of up to one year.I am prepared to:
- Be available, approachable and willing to make mentorship a priority
- Employ a strengths-based collaborative approach;
- Collaboratively establish, maintain and promote professional boundaries;
- Create a culture of belonging and safety;
- Foster positive personal and professional relationships; and
- Be a role model of ethical practice, self-care, and commitment.
- Completed the CASW Code of Ethics Refresher.