What can a Social Worker do for me?
What are the basic principles of social work?
Social workers believe:
- in the worth, dignity, and creativity of every human being;
- all people should have equal access to the resources, services and opportunities that one requires to promote their well-being; and
- that each person has the right to self-determination with due regard for the interest of others.
What are the goals of social work?
In accordance with these values, Social Work is committed to fostering human welfare through professional services. Social work practice focuses on the relationship among people and their environments. The social worker endeavors to:
- enhance the problem-solving and coping capacities of people;
- help people better use resources in their environment; and
- effect changes in society towards the social justice for all