ACSW 2018 Annual Conference
Social Justice and Resilience: Moving Forward Together
March 22 - 24, 2018
DoubleTree by Hilton * - Edmonton
Twitter Hashtag: #2018ACSWCONF
The social work profession is rooted in the pursuit of social justice. We seek opportunities to uphold human rights and to respect diversity. We work to advocate for change and build on strengths. In this time of reconciliation in Canadian history, we strive to become agents of decolonization. Remaining resilient and hopeful in our profession is of utmost importance for our well-being and the well-being of those we serve.
* DoubleTree by Hilton is offering a special room rate until March 5th, or until the group block is sold-out,
Click here to "Book a Room"
More Information ( click each menu item below to open )
- Provide a forum to share practice experiences
- Showcase recent developments and innovations in social work
- Highlight best practices that promote caring, self-fulfillment, autonomy, participation
andindependence for diverse populations
- Celebrate ethical practice
- Rejuvenate and refresh social workers through self-care workshops
- Connect with colleagues
- We are happy to be offering a number of workshops highlighting current research, innovation, self-care, creativity, self-expression and celebrating social work in various fields of practice.
Please clickhere to view the list of workshops .
Please clickhere to view the detailed workshop descriptions.
- Dr. Michael Ungar - Keynote Biography
- Dr. Catherine Richardson - Keynote Biography
- Presenter Biographies - Click Here
2018 Conference Agenda (Each participant will receive a personalized agenda upon registration)
- We are very happy to host our 2018 Annual Conference at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Edmonton. Please click on the link below to visit the DoubleTree by Hilton website for additional venue information.
- The DoubleTree by Hilton is located 16615 109 Avenue North West, Edmonton. T5P 4K8.
- 2018 ACSW Conference - Hotel Information
- This conference provides educational and networking opportunities for social workers. We invite your organization to become one of our valued sponsors for the 2018 conference. Click here for sponsorship
- We are accepting applications to participate in the 2018 Vendor Fair until February 16, 2018. Click here for the application form.
- We are accepting submissions to participate in the 2018 Poster Presentation until January 31, 2018. Click here for the submission form.
- The Alberta College of Social Workers operates under the legislated requirements of Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). Any personal information collected through the process of registering for the ACSW annual conference is safeguarded with appropriate security measures and used only for conference purposes.
- Registrations are confirmed complete only when full payment is received.
- If you have registered and are subsequently unable to attend the conference, you may substitute someone to attend in your place up until March 15,
2018 .Any requests must be emailed to email@example.com .
- Due to the greatly reduced rate for our conference refunds for cancellation will not be available.
- Regarding circumstances of an extreme nature, please contact