Employee & Family Assistance Program
WHAT IS IT?
A program of confidential counselling, designed to help members and their families resolve personal and professional issues, stresses, and traumas and thus improve their overall health, well-being, and job performance.
WHY DO WE NEED AN EFAP?
Each of us faces difficult situations in our day-to-day activities. In most cases we are able to resolve these concerns. There are times, however, when a personal issue becomes too difficult to manage to the detriment of our families, our work, our relationships and our health.
Without assistance to reach a solution, difficult issues can often get worse over time. In many cases, professional assistance can help us develop options and strategies to resolve issues and thus prevent them from reaching a crisis.
The EFAP is a resource provided by ACSW and CMR Canada for members and their families to obtain confidential and professional assistance to identify and resolve difficult issues.
- Professional counselling by private practice Registered Social Workers and Chartered Psychologists.
- Province wide delivery in member's home community or closest community where service is available.
- 24 hour toll-free access.
- Continuation with same counsellor and same fee beyond limit of Benefits Plan.
- Choice of time and location for service.
- Invoicing Extended Medical Benefits carrier (Blue Cross).
- Guaranteed confidentiality.
Counselling Services covered by this Program
- Aging parents
- Anger management
- Career issues
- Critical incident stress management
- Emotional problems
- Family problems
- Health concerns
- Marriage preparation
- Marital problems
- Physical/sexual abuse
- Relationship issues
- Single parenting
- Substance abuse/addiction
What is a personal issue?
- A personal issue is any problem that adversely impacts your quality of life, at home or at work. How severely an issue affects each of us depends on the situation and how we perceive it. To determine if you have a problem consider the following:
- The problem dominates your thoughts to the extent that your feelings of apprehension or worry take up much of your time during daily activities.
- You lack energy and are often physically ill.
- You expend considerable emotional energy, hoping the situation will improve and pretending it isn't really all that bad.
- You know you should be doing something to improve the situation but don't know how to approach it.
- You feel overwhelmed.
If you recognize this pattern consider using the EFAP.
How is your confidentiality assured?
- Your are the only one to decide if you can benefit from counselling. Your employer is not involved in any way.
- All client information is kept away from your place of work.
- If needed, information will only be released upon your written approval.
- As a client, your best interests are always served.
- Your personal information is stored in CMR's computer which is safeguarded by the best security software and hardware. Only CMR Canada personnel have access to CMR' s computer system. See CMR Privacy .
- Members, spouses, and dependent children.
Cost & FundingServices are provided at the REDUCED RATE of $95.00 per visit.
- If you have Extended Health Benefits with Blue Cross the cost of your counselling services may be covered or partially covered. CMR will invoice Blue Cross for your benefit.
- If you are covered through a benefit provider other than Blue Cross - you will pay the counsellor the full fee of $95.00 per visit (receipt issued) and claim reimbursement from your benefit plan.
- If you do not have any coverage, counselling services are still available to you and your family at your cost at the REDUCED rate.
- APPROVAL IS NOT NEEDED TO USE THE EFAP. IT IS VOLUNTARY AND STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.
How do I register for Counselling and/or get more information?
- Simply contact CMR Canada at any time:
- 403-263-2200 in Calgary or 1-800-567-9953 from elsewhere in Alberta.
- E-mail email@example.com
- Send Request for Service form.
- Please provide the following information:
- Your name, work and home telephone number, and your E-mail address.
- Your employer.
- After you register, CMR will call to confirm your request and to obtain “presenting” information. CMR will authorize the counsellor assigned to work with you to contact you directly to arrange a convenient time for your first visit. If your call is an emergency you will be contacted immediately or directed to a crisis centre.
- Professional services are delivered in your home community or the closest community where the service is available. Alternate locations of service delivery are available to safeguard your confidentiality.