Calgary Social Workers for Social Justice
Calgary Social Workers for Social Justice take action and advocate for social justice. The group hosts workshops, events, attends rallies and addresses local issues that affect the citizens of Calgary throughout the year. For further information, please contact Heather Johnson, Membership Activities Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook - Calgary Social Workers for Social Justice
Website - http://www.calgaryswsj.com/
Understanding Economics as a Tool for Advocacy
The Calgary Social Workers for Social Justice committee invite you to attend this workshop led by David Campanella. David is the Public Policy Research Manager for the Parkland Institute.
- Date: Wednesday, October 2, 2013
- Time: 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Location: University of Calgary, Faculty of Social Work, Room 3257
- Fee: $25 for ACSW member
Poverty Reduction Strategy/Children’s Charter Workshop
Social Workers for Social Justice and Action to End Poverty in Alberta, in co-operation with ACSW are hosting a workshop/consultation session in Calgary for social workers and individuals with experience living on low-incomes. This is a Category A credit workshop for RSW’s, and is free to all attendees. Also there is money available to cover childcare and transportation costs.
- Credits: 3 Category A Credits
- Event: Poverty Reduction Strategy/Children’s Charter Workshop
- Date: Tuesday, August 27, 2013
- Time: 9:00 am - Noon (12:00 pm)
- Location: Hillhurst Sunnyside Community Centre - 1320 5 Ave NW, Calgary